Science challenge - Settler to Deity

Yes it was before the last patch, see this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=508640&page=5
Multiple sub 210 in that thread, no way what's shown on his screenshot would give a sub200 victory nowadays. Not saying he wouldn't be able to though, but saying it is easy by taking an example where RA were OP isn't good argumentation.

Well, seeing how I've barely been around over the last year, I didn't realize that the fall patch nerfed RAs even further than they were after BNW release.

I DID notice the more expensive spaceship parts, but that doesn't seem to be a huge deal due to the contingent :c5science: hit.

Damned, one week later, chieftain is real challenge. Many sub T200 victories but nearly never possible under T190.

I wonder what is the best opening for low level ? 1 City NL-NC then expand ? 2 NL-NC ?

3 NL-NC then annex neighbors seems the best, but I never hit under T190. T195 is my best try.

Well, seeing how I've barely been around over the last year, I didn't realize that the fall patch nerfed RAs even further than they were after BNW release.

I DID notice the more expensive spaceship parts, but that doesn't seem to be a huge deal due to the contingent :c5science: hit.

By the way don't take me wrong, I don't want to belittle your achievement back then (that wouldn't be fair, I was a lowly Immortal player at that time). I'm just pointing out that it isn't comparable. New rules require new records.

By the way don't take me wrong, I don't want to belittle your achievement back then (that wouldn't be fair, I was a lowly Immortal player at that time). I'm just pointing out that it isn't comparable. New rules require new records.

I'm not taking it as belittling it. I simply didn't realize that the fall patch had meaningfully impacted RAs further. I noticed that my RA math was off the other day in a Deity playthrough with Poland, but I chalked it up to slow-teching AIs (which they were).

Nor was I saying that it would be 'easy' for tommy to throw down a sub-200 (I specifically commented on how it very much wasn't under the previous rules), just that a civ more suited to the task should be able to generate better results with similarly obscene dirt.

Anyway, I'll be working on Deity in the coming days. I had something like a 218 in the Poland game, but I had to cheat-load a lot because I'm rusty and I'm still making stupid mistakes. I'll let you know when I have something worthwhile to report.

On my first deity try, going for something a bit alternate. 6 city NC trad/liberty mix with mayans, GE on NC, but only 440 beakers at turn 140, so i guess i will try another approach.

Looking godd, trying a very different approach with babs, doing early NC with 2 cities at turn 52, looking at t85 education

Attachments

• lookinggood.jpg
    lookinggood.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 114
made it to turn 131, have okay science, and much better culture, but bad gold. but im borring like 25gpt right now. scientific theory in 7 turns.

Attachments

• movingonwards.jpg
    movingonwards.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 136
I wonder if 4 cities is enough.
Yes, it's babs and Deity for RAs, but with a non-babs civ you'll need 1500/1600 bpt to reach all techs.
Your tempo is really good. Education T85 - ST T 135 send me to a T185-195 victory, on low level.
I see a GS sleeping. I bulb one for astronomy, one for PP (not always), one for ST. Is this one extra from Babs UA. Or do you use them in a different way ?
After one and oxford for Plastics, as much need for Rocketery, last of them for finish.

I wonder if 4 cities is enough.

I'm gonna be very surprised if it will be enough

I see a GS sleeping. I bulb one for astronomy, one for PP (not always), one for ST. Is this one extra from Babs UA.

I'm pretty sure first GS from Bab UA is planted for academy :)

Anyway nice game klaskeren :goodjob:

If you get T85 education when do you have your universities finished in all of your cities? Also is that a random map? I don't think I have ever seen so many wheat in a relatively small area.

Also is that a random map? I don't think I have ever seen so many wheat in a relatively small area.

Probably he rerolled few times ;)

gave up turn 187, public opinion from the dutch was too much for my happiness, also was only half way through finishing apollo , oh well.

RA really were OP back then (or now they suck depends on the perspective :p).

This reminded me times just after release C5 when RA were really, really OP and ridiculous (you could sign RA, declared war on your partner and got free tech same turn!!!)

My first post on this forum was 'Is it possible to turn RA off? :D (Sorry for off-topic)

for officiality, cant you still do the Beaker exploit and still fall under the game's HoF rules (not CFCs HoF)? just for the screencap it seems worth it.

yeah, but i said not CFCs but the game's HoF. isnt it still possible? well, not at anything other than deity of course. the bug is hardly effective at emperor and under if yer shooting for sub200 or whatever the current HoF record is.

Oh,yes, I misunderstood your point. In-game HOF will record any unmodded game, regardless of use of exploits, including reloads. In fact, if you are using mods that don't affect save files (like IGE), in-game HOF will record the game as long as the mod isn't in use when the game ends.

Top Bottom