Rarest things in the game

I think I killed 1 of their units before mine were massacred by trebuches, then stepped on by the hordes of pikemen.

Except that this is very rarely the case, including with Attila. Most civs hit their neighbours first, and I quite often go entire games as the one neutral party amid AI civs at war with one another (also, for some reason, certain civs love to attack city-states - in every recent game he's been in Nebuchadnezzar has declared very early war against a neighbouring CS without provocation, presumably to bowman-rush a city he can capture).

I'm sorry Phil, I'm just going all Neuromancer cynical after seeing my latest round of friendship devolve into "just you and your eternal team-mate, alone in a hostile world of immortal sociopaths". I perfectly understand most of the reasons why it happened (that's what happens when we DOWed Rome 4 times and America 2 times, and spammed wonders that they coveted), but it doesn't change the fact that I am score leader and therefore a (warmongering) threat to the civilized world because winning the game yo.

Yea, diety civs all declare war on you if you are the point leader. Don't become one. If you are becoming one, focus elsewhere untill other civs get ahead :b.

If you guys want me to post screenshots of being killed that early say so

If you are somehow the score leader in deity then you really should be able hold everyone off.

Not if you are the leader in turn 1. You know, when you start with almost nothing, and the AI start with 5x more than you.

I once had a civ that never settled its first settler . I met the settler after some 50 rounds and attacked it for the worker. :mischief:

(huge earth map all civs and city states active normal speed)

Already took a civ's original settler :b read older posts

Whats rare for me is Iron, and whats worse is every time I try to play Rome, I can't find any iron!!! With their UU in the same era, I can get out of that era well before I find a decent supply of iron to use ballista and legion.

I don't know why they would make Rome have two iron-based UU in the same era, while civs like egyptian chariots or siam can have elephants without needing "horses" as a supply. Least make ballista or legion not require iron (preferably legionnaire).

Whats rare for me is Iron, and whats worse is every time I try to play Rome, I can't find any iron!!! With their UU in the same era, I can get out of that era well before I find a decent supply of iron to use ballista and legion.

I don't know why they would make Rome have two iron-based UU in the same era, while civs like egyptian chariots or siam can have elephants without needing "horses" as a supply. Least make ballista or legion not require iron (preferably legionnaire).

In Gods & Kings ballistae (as catapult replacements) have no iron requirement.

But no, Rome doesn't seem to have a start bias that favours tiles with a good probability of having iron - though I've only played Rome a couple of times, I've had little or no iron in those games.

Me too, it's weird. Maybe they are going by Rome being soo expansive. They did the majority of their expanding in the era of legionnaires, but they did do quite a bit before them. It's just a guess. Personally I can't seem to make my self create a bunch of cities! I am a small nation at heart

Top Bottom