National Wonder Question

DasBoot

Chieftain
If you have a national wonder and then take over a city that doesn't have the pre-requiste building does the wonder stop providing any benefit? I can't recall ever noticing what happens.:confused:

I'd be shocked if that were the case. In fact, I'm pretty much positive it's not. I often build the National College when I only have one city, and then I promptly found two more. It doesn't stop working, and this scenario is virtually the same. So no, it won't stop working.

I'd be shocked if that were the case. In fact, I'm pretty much positive it's not. I often build the National College when I only have one city, and then I promptly found two more. It doesn't stop working, and this scenario is virtually the same. So no, it won't stop working.

That is correct. Once you have met the requirements to build such wonders, and have built them, it's a done deal, no matter what happens after.

No, national wonders continue to benefit even after you build or conquer more cities. It is often a good tactic to build them early when you have fewer cities. The cost to build goes up with each city. You also benefit from having the longer (and earlier). This is especially true for the National College. I often build it in my capital before expanding to two cities.

Along these lines, do wonders in cities that I take over have the same benefit as they would have if I had built them myself?

Yes, except you don't get any goody that is granted only at the time of initial build (e.g., no free tech if you conquer a city that has the Great Library (the original buillder got that benefit), but you do get the extra beakers per turn and GP point).

Top Bottom