1st Prince win AND 1st Augustus Ceaser

Rast

Warlord
I finally beat prince with Washington, Standard, Continents, Marathon, with a domination win in 1724 AD. And, much to my surprise, was also my first win the Augustus Ceaser rating!

So, thanks to everyone who posts strategies on this forum, they helped *a lot*, especially in the early game where you're trying to catch up to the AI's handicap. I wasn't able to really get rolling beyond the initial land grab + early war phase till I got liberalism, banking, and democracy, but those techs, plus the improvements and civics that go with, I went from swapping between first and second place to being a rush-building juggarnaut almost overnight and the AI's just crumbled before my armies. I could have stopped after I secured my continent and gotten an easy space race victory but I pushed on for domination so I could finish at an earlier date, which seems to have paid off.

Anyway, thanks again to all the vets who posted Prince strategies. I'm playing another game (again, as Washington) on a Huge map, and if it goes well I'll be moving on to Monarch shortly :)

Nice one!

As a prince-player myself, I would have tried to win with other leaders as well, before moving on.

Top Bottom