The Religion Screen and tracking adherent in general

truenarnian

Emperor
First off let me say how much I appreciate everyone in this forum. Literally the best forum on any topic that I've ever been part of. Thanks for all the tips, well-articulated opinions, and help when I've needed.

When it comes to the Religion Screen, ore religious information in general, I'm getting kind of frustrated. When I get my religion off the ground and make it into midgame, there's a smattering of religions throughout the world and the fight for religious influence really begins in earnest. But I haven't been able to find a way to view all the cities that all following my religion. Even more importantly, I don't know how to find out where my religion has SOME influence but hasn't become the established religion.

This problem is driving me crazy: Playing with the Celts, I'm trying to win a diplo victory and using the benefits of the city-states' friendships. But of the 4 civs on my continent, 3 of us have founded a religion and are spreading aggresively. So I generate a Missionary to regain lost influence and benefits...but I never know where to send him without switching from Strategic view to Normal view (why doesn't Strat view include religion info?) and then spending 5 minutes zooming around the world map clicking on cities trying to remember where I have followers but am the minority religion.

Somebody help meeeeee....
Please?

I don't know that there is such a list, though it would certainly help if it existed.

I've also run into the problem that if you take a city, as it grows back from the attack, it will get it's religious population back as well. Religious people coming back from the dead (and populating cities) is a bit odd anyway, but the fact that it seems totally uncheckable by any means...

I'd love to see a few updates to religion...

I hate when you conquer a civ and it's religion stays in those captured cities but the religion is off the religion screen so you have no idea what benefits those cities are receiving from this dead civ's religion.

So you want to spread your religion quickly eh? Here's what you can do:

Get 200 Faith for the first Prophet to establish a religion.

Your Second prophet can come from any of these three (for maximum impact, time it such that all of them can go online on the same turn)

300 Faith Natural Prophet
Hagia Sophia Prophet
Liberty Finisher Prophet

For added lulz, get the Great Mosque in your Holy City. 5-spread Prophets are the bomb!

I just usually buy a Missionary on my next 200 Faith to get a head start.

Now, how do you get 200 faith in a timely manner in the first place?

1. Buildings: Shrine and Temple gives +3 FPT. A total of +5 FPT per city with Piety.

2. Pantheons:
Desert Folklore (great for Sandstorm maps/Arabia),
that Tundra Belief,
Culture and Faith from Incense,
Faith from Quarries.

This will really be decided by the surrounding terrain. Note that even if you have just one Stone/Marble in the immediate vicinity of your capital, getting Faith from Quarries is not a bad proposition if you plan to go wide/more than one city.

3. Wonders (off the top of my head):
Stonehenge
Hagia Sophia
Great Mosque
Notre Dame

4. Religion itself:
Buildings like Cathedrals and Pagodas
Other Beliefs like Reliquary

5. UU's and UA's and UB's
Ethiopia's Stele
Celts Pictish Warriors and Druidic Lore
Mayan Pyramid
Songhai Mud Pyramid Mosque

6. Natural Wonders
Mt. Kailash
Sri Pada
Uluru
Mt. Sinai

Find these with Spain and turn into a religious powerhouse without having to deal with any of the above!

Final Tip:
Leverage Faith for more Faith. Faith purchases tend to get more expensive the further eras you get, so the earlier you get to buy Religion buildings, the better.

So you want to spread your religion quickly eh? Here's what you can do:

Did you read ANY of the posts in this thread before posting? Did you at least read the thread title?

No? I thought not. ;)

but I never know where to send him without switching from Strategic view to Normal view (why doesn't Strat view include religion info?)

Startegic view does show religion info. Just not when you're zoomed out.

Attachments

• 2012-09-17_00001.jpg
    2012-09-17_00001.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 102
Aahhhh! Thank you! That is helpful. I usually play at the third zoom-out which is why I never saw it before. At least THAT helps a lot.

Now if only there were religion city lists...

Top Bottom