Cultural Victory on Deity - is it possible?

Aaron90495

King
I've tried many times to get one on Immortal, much less Deity. Problem is, the AI gets into space on Deity so quickly that even completely ignoring science won't guarantee anything. And if you do ignore science, a hostile AI can walk in and destroy you in 5-10 turns. It just doesn't seem possible except in the absolute best-case scenario.

Am I missing something, or are cultural victories just impossible on Deity?

Am I missing something, or are cultural victories just impossible on Deity?

Different to all other levels, not impossible. The usual wonder grabbing play won't work. So, you have to go wider with back up from strong military, until you make sure no one is about to launch.

I never won culturally above immortal. But I saw someone do it through war (with France/Deity) in vanilla somewhere in lets play section.

You probably need to do a combined military+culture game. Where you conquer people's captials to prevent them from winning the space race.

Different to all other levels, not impossible. The usual wonder grabbing play won't work. So, you have to go wider with back up from strong military, until you make sure no one is about to launch.

I never won culturally above immortal. But I saw someone do it through war (with France) in vanilla somewhere in lets play section.

Yeah, I came really close on Immortal as Persia a few weeks ago. Had a 150 turn golden age and was 1 turn away from starting the Utopia Project when England launched. Of course, I was 2/3 of the map away from anyone (standard size), which certainly helped in that I didn't enter one war...

But yeah. It just seems incredibly difficult. Do you think a super-aggressive Aztec game (with Honor, obviously) could work?

I never managed to get a Deity cultural victory, regardless how hard I tried and how many cities I played it with. The AI launches into space before you manage to get even close to Utopia.even if you beeline to Radio (it's best to use Oxford for it), you still need time to build everything, and then even more time to start reaping the rewards.

You probably need to do a combined military+culture game. Where you conquer people's captials to prevent them from winning the space race.

this is basically what i thought. couple this approach with autocracy so really it's just a conquest game by another name anyway

Maddjinn did one as Korea, OCC, pre-GnK. Basically, if someone is near to winning, bribe his neighbors into DOWing him.

I never managed to get a Deity cultural victory, regardless how hard I tried and how many cities I played it with. The AI launches into space before you manage to get even close to Utopia.even if you beeline to Radio (it's best to use Oxford for it), you still need time to build everything, and then even more time to start reaping the rewards.

I guess one should aim for bombers instead of radio ;)

I have never tried deity culture, let me just put that out there. But I would guess a late game autrocracy drive could be useful? In that case it might be worth leaving high culture civs alive until you get autocracy. Obviously you sacrifice freedoom but the amount of culture (if you have enough happy) could make up for it with each city you take.

Its proparly only you're neighbour who will atack you so just don't be passive and atack and puppet him after that sit back and spam wonders and culture buildings

If you weaken you're neigbhour you will have more land so more gold and units so you proparly will be save from future AI's

Best time to do this at rifling because in the industrial you want to go as fast as possible to radio.

Top Bottom