Copasetic UI Tweaks

EULA screens:
I've also attached a second .zip file with modified FrontEnd.lua, MainMenu.lua and MainMenu.xml files that will disable both legal screens (the one at game startup and the one when entering the mods menu). Make a backup of these files then extract the .zip into your Assets/UI/FrontEnd folder and overwrite.

Alternatively you can just extract them into your Assets/UI/ folder and the game should load them instead of the originals, this way you don't have to overwrite the original files. (Thanks Thalassicus!)

Like this mod !! However, I don't understand the difference between the original and the alternative instructions. Don't they say the same thing?

I thought maybe I could copy these to My Documents... but those folders don't exist.

What am I missing :crazyeye:

Well, hopefully Cope will be back some time. Until then, I fixed the compatibility problems based on gruven's work, and attached a working version of the complete mod.

Attachments

• Copasetic UI Tweaks (v 3).zip
    39.5 KB · Views: 203
  • Copasetic UI Tweaks (v 4).zip
    39.5 KB · Views: 475
I installed this mod, with RED mod, Economy mod, and luxury resource display. And now I can't figure out how to give units orders. Is it this mod with something I am missing?

@sonicsexy
I believe the Economy mod hides the unit order UI.

@dstar
The version in the Balance - Combined package works, I've been updating this mod to be compatible with patches since Cope appears to be gone.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Thalassicus for keeping the mod updated! I've been overseas on business and generally busy with busy things. Glad to see it's found a new home in the combined pack :)

If you ever have time to get back into Civ V modding again, feel free to update on your own again. I've mostly just been ensuring the code matches changes in patches, though did add one new feature: a numerical indicator of turns until border expansion, next to city growth. :)

I should have some time again soon, if people want to leave some wishes for UI changes that'd be great.

Do we have access to the backend through the SDK yet? Or still limited to the XML/Lua side of the game?

Nothing's really changed from a modding perspective (still don't have capability to add mod associations/dependencies either, which particularly bugs me as it shouldn't be hard to do). I honestly suspect the programming team's a little understaffed. :sad:

I've attached the current version of the mod in VS project form.

Attachments

• Copasetic UI Tweaks.zip
    145.6 KB · Views: 439
Well that's a shame. There's a few things I had in mind that aren't easy to pull off with just the xml/lua side, not without some pretty ugly hacks that will probably cause all kinds of conflicts with updates or other mods. Even something as simple as displaying the turns until healed for a unit. Guess I'll just have to shelve that stuff.

I have extracted some features from Copasetic UI Tweaks into a few of the mods that make up SmoothPack.

Thanks for the work you put into creating Copasetic UI Tweaks! I was motivated to create SmoothPack in part because I wanted to be able to use the CityBanner changes independently of the rest of Copasetic UI Tweaks.

Copasetic UI Tweaks is one of the great "value added" mods. Thank you for doing it, you've made the game more fun. :)

Top Bottom