Unit Creation Newb Help

Dease said:
I was just wondering, what makes blender soo much more powerful than openfx anyway?

For one, it is way more adjustable to taste. For example there are many ways to select vertices... unlike openFX, which only has one, and it requires the mouse, as far as I can tell.

Blender is built for speed and control. Harder to learn, but once you do, I can tell you can do things alot quicker, and much more efficient.

The few things I have figured out how to do on blender so far, through tutorials and getting started manuals, I go into OpenFX, and wish it had the same options, like "select vertice ring", that would make fixed to mapping so much easier.

You can manipulate and select vertices in the isometric view in Blender, in OpenFX you have to do it in the top, side or front view.... this makes zooming in and out on vertices difficult sometimes.

Finally, if you look at the Blender tutorials, you will find dozens, from very simple to very complex.

There is also that annoying vertex limit in Open FX.

Open FX will do the job, but investing the extra time in learning Blender will pay off well in the future.

Top Bottom