Russian & Greek UAs

Silverman6083

History-Lover
Ok so in general I've never heard anything special about these 2 Civs' Unique Abilities.
If you don't know they are:
Relationship with City-States decay at 1/2 rate
Strategic Resources provide +1 Hammers, Iron, Horses, & Uranium provide double quantity

Now I was playing some scenarios such as Paradise Found, Wonders of the Ancient World, Empire of Smoky Skies etc. and I noticed these 2 abilities, or versions of these, appear very often, & those civs often play well, so I decided to try Greece & Russia.
I had great games.

As Greece, after I got firm gold production, I was launched ahead in Culture, Happiness, Religion, & Science. It was awesome, probably the best I've ever done on Emperor.

As Russia, my production was insane. I could do whatever I felt like. My religion allowed me to REX, it was great, it was the first time had done that since vanilla.

So how do you guys feel about these 2 civs. What tier would you guys put these civs in?

I'm just finished my 12 civ pangea domination game as russia.
Don't get me wrong, Russia is good but a bit bland,, bordeline boring.
Good because it's flat hammer and flat gold (via trade), but bland because it's nothing other civs can have thus boring in my eyes.
The krepost is considered the worst building :)
But the cossacs are godlike though, almost a free +30% dmg on an already powerfull unit.

Didn't played Greece since ages, although it was the first civ I ever played with back in Vanilla. One of the most feared AI :mad:

Top Bottom