Stupid mistakes you've made recently

Stupid mistakes I've made recently? I responded to the most recent warmonger complaint thread thinking I'd be helpful and that my responses would be listened to by the OP before I realized that was a fruitless endeavor. :lol:

started a game as Boudicca, didn't like where it was heading by turn 50. Started another game as Wu Zetian and was momentarily dumbfounded when my shrine-less capital still had no pantheon by turn 20, despite being adjacent to 3 forests...

Because fortification provides a defense bonus.

If you re-fortify after waking from alert, you get the exact same fortification bonus.

I presume the devs figured that if you had a wounded unit that you wanted to preserve, adding a little defense bonus would make sense while it was healing.

What would make sense is a hybrid heal/alert option. It could even be in the same sub-menu as fortify.

Browd said:
Don't use fortify heal -- just use alert. The unit will heal the same amount, and will wake up when threatened.

I would use alert instead of heal, but then I tend to forget about units. I have tried both options, and loosing scouts because a barbarian stumbled upon them while they were healing is less frustration than my forgetting about them for N number of turns.

Got it in my head that salt needed quarries rather than just mines, so I didn't even start trying to develop my salt until I got Masonry.

Diety Mayans. Built Tower of Pisa. Misstook the free great person for a long count and picked great admiral.... :(

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

Giving a Chu-Ko-Nu the logistics promotion. Sadly, I have done this more than once. Not usually more than once per game at least.

Playing a GOTM, and forgetting (again!) that WOtAW are disabled. Then planning my whole strategy around ToA.

Working on getting NC in my Cap with 3 cities. I build a settler in another city and just have it sit in the location it will be until the NC finishes. 2 turns from completing the NC I forget why the settler is dormant and found the city.
DOH!

I frequently forget and found/annex a new city a few turns from completing a National Wonder. In my frustration I often burn 800 gold to get the building I need...so lame.

i do versions of this all the freaking time :lol: totally burns me up.

also i've 'spread religion' with my 2nd GProphet instead of enhancing religion. :lol:

Top Bottom