Resource Help

Skaz881

History Major
Well I added the files to the mod, added them to the modinfo and added them to the ArtDefines, but they won't show up! The hills are rough like they're there, and in the case of the gems there's sparkle and in the case of the apple trees (I downloaded those files too) there are the shadows of the trees, but the actual resources aren't visible. Did I leave something out?

Thank you.

Attachments

• REP_Resource_Database.7z
    9.2 KB · Views: 48
Code:
VALUES ('Ancient','UnderConstruction','1','ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_MINE','SNAPSHOT','ART_DEF_RESOURCE_PLATINUM_HEAVY','Art/Resources/Platinum/[COLOR="Red"]hb[/COLOR]_[COLOR="Red"]med[/COLOR]_[COLOR="Red"]m[/COLOR]ine_[COLOR="Red"]p[/COLOR]latinum_[COLOR="Red"]h[/COLOR]eavy.fxsxml','1',null);

That parts in red need to be capitals. That goes for all you added.

Also make sure you set the VFS=True for all the Model, dds, fxsxml files you add.

Edit: - Take a look at the example in the Costal Plants thread.

Thank you. How do I make sure that the VFS is set to true?

That parts in red need to be capitals. That goes for all you added.
Actually, capitalization doesn't matter for filenames.

Thank you. How do I make sure that the VFS is set to true?
Select all the files you want in ModBuddy, right click > Properties, then set the "Import into VFS" field to True.

[Or edit the .modinfo file, and change import="0" to import="1," as I mentioned in post #3].

I just got modbuddy open and low and behold, all of the files are set to false even though in the modinfo they're set to "1". Well I will fix that and if I can get it working I'll offer my files to the authors for the reskins.

Actually several of them are set to true................I'm REALLY confused.

The problem is the files are listed as "read only" and won't let me change them....

And it was "Read Only" I was looking at........not even seeing a VFS option.

If that's the case, it sounds like you're looking at the files in Windows Explorer (or, if you're in ModBuddy, then a file dialog box). Have you added the files to the solution yet? i.e., do you see them on the side in a box called "Solution Explorer"?

EDIT: At this point, it's probably better to move this to a new thread in the main C&C forum, or a private message, rather than clogging up this thread.

I do.

My database SQL and my modinfo files......I hope someone can help me since I'm not sure what I did wrong.

Attachments

• Resource_Expansion_Packs (v 8).7z
    11.9 KB · Views: 45
  • REP_Resource_Database.7z
    9.2 KB · Views: 34
I am using Cryptic and Glacierheart's Resource_Expansion_Packs on Steam and just added Horem's Gem and Metal resources to them, but for some reason I can't get the resources to show up, it's like their invisible! I attached my relevant files in Horem's Metal Collection. I would appreciate any help please.

Attached is a rar with an sql doc containing the artdefines for the 13 new resources I have posted over the last week or so(just add the lines to the bottom of the mods defines sql file). The other is a txt document that has the relevant modinfo entries you need to paste over.

Actually, capitalization doesn't matter for filenames.

No I know, but does nothing for my OCD :)

Thank you thank you THANK YOU it's working now and they look BEAUTIFUL!

Top Bottom