Looking for gr2 editing assistance.

Horem

Emperor
As many of you know I do a lot of re-colour/re-skins for resources. I find this a bit limiting as to what we can add. While using the Nexus Buddy to edit my gr2's I decided to view one once again with the Granny Viewer, since I have a slightly better understanding of modelling due to reading post here and there on the forums. It happened to be the Apple re-skin I did for the Ea mod, I noticed that the actual models used for the trees look like big grey tower shields that the romans used to use :). That gave me an idea of making a completely new texture rather than a recolored one. You can see my results in the screenshots provided.

Issue I have with it is it uses that plantation graphics rather than the lumber mill. Id like it to use the Lumber mill before I release it, but have absolutely no clue on now to switch them.
(You'll have to excuse the Cow icon :) )

I'm a little confused on what the problem is.

Is it that you don't know how to unpack the FPKs to find the models and fxsxmls [hb_lumbermill_???.*, lumbermill_???.*, and pl_lumbermill_???.*] and the similarly named corresponding textures? Or that you don't know how to make the simple edit in Nexus Buddy to the gr2 [and the text edit entry to the .fxsxml?] If the latter, I very recently made a quickie tutorial. It's for units, but it's the same process.

I'm a little confused on what the problem is.

Is it that you don't know how to unpack the FPKs to find the models and fxsxmls [hb_lumbermill_???.*, lumbermill_???.*, and pl_lumbermill_???.*] and the similarly named corresponding textures? Or that you don't know how to make the simple edit in Nexus Buddy to the gr2 [and the text edit entry to the .fxsxml?] If the latter, I very recently made a quickie tutorial. It's for units, but it's the same process.

I want to change the Model & Texture of the Building so it displays the Lumber Mill not the Plantation. I have tried messing around with changing the models in the gr2 but just end up breaking things :crazyeye:

Hm. But you haven't included new textures for the mills. Do you plan to change the color of the wood going into the mills? If not, then you only need to set up the art defines in ArtDefine_Landmarks to use the lumber mill for your new resource instead of the plantation. (Either way, that's something you're going to have to do.)

From your tree collection thread:
I am looking into the Lumbermill rather than plantation graphic. Its just giving me more issues than I'd have liked.
What happened when you just changed the improved art define from the plantation to the lumbermill?

What happened when you just changed the improved art define from the plantation to the lumbermill?

Doing this is fine. It will display my graphics when you build a lumber mill rather than a plantation, which is what people are doing atm, but it still looks like a plantation :) . I wanted to remove the Building models from the gr2 I am using and add the lumber mill building to the gr2. Model editing to that extent is way beyond what I am capable of doing. I am just going to recolor the plantation, so it at least looks different.

But the art defines don't change for the lumber mill because the trees within it are clear-cut once it is built [and the surrounding ones should continue to be the same, i.e., just continue to use the lumbermill from the base game].

:hammer2: I guess I'm not very smart today.

I actually had to try it to figure it out. Right, "forest" isn't a resource, so the lumbermill improvement completely removes the lumber/mahogany trees. Sorry.

Top Bottom