Removing Inflation

bogdan666

Chieftain
Hey,

I would like to know how to completely get rid of inflation in the game.
Changing InflationPercent and InflationOffset for Standard Game Speed to 0 in the original (making a mod also didn`t work) CIV5GameSpeeds.xml for the original game and both addons did nothing. Why doesn't it work? Many thanks in advance!

I mean Inflation of Unit Maintenance Costs. You can almost "see" it, because its going up so fast. Setting Inflation to 0 for all handicap types and even the integer defaults in the CIV5HandicapInfos.xml files for every addon didn't help either.

UNIT_MAINTENANCE_GAME_MULTIPLIER and UNIT_MAINTENANCE_GAME_EXPONENT_DIVISOR in the Defines table

It's a pity, that there is no profi out there, who could offer me a solution to fix this problem. Probably the game is such a piece of crap :), that not even this small thing can be modded properly. No matter which number I fill in, there is no change in the game. It seems as if only such small things like the start year are moddable. Wherever I could find the word "inflation" in the xml files (for every addon), I've set the corresponding number to "zero"! But the game doesn't care.

Has anyone yet figured out how to simply disable inflation for Civ 5 yet? I've been looking up and down for this and can't find any definitive instruction on how to disable it.

Top Bottom