City States Expansion update development thread: Need music!

Hiram

XML Plebian
Hey guys,

So I'm planning to update my city states expansion mod with proper music for each city state. To keep the file size down I'm going to predominantly use music that is already in the game. In need suggestions of music tracks for the following:

:c5war: Mililaristic

Africa:
Benghazi
Dongola (Makurians)
Khartoum (Sudan)
Lome (Togo)

Asia:
Gonur (Oxus)
Gurganj (Khwarezm)
Gveilinz (Zhuang)
Ishikari (Ainu)
Sanggyeong (Balhae)
Sharuhen (Hyksos)
Sukhumi (Abkhazia)

Europe:
Naples
Oppidum Batavorum (Batavii)

North America:
Immokalee (Seminole)
Mérida (Yucatan republic)
Nez Perce
Red River (Metis)
San Jose (Costa Rica)
Window Rock (Navajo)

Oceania:
Honiara (Solomon Islands)
Suva (Fiji)

:c5food:Maritime

Africa:
Djibouti
Port Louis (Mauritius)
Praia (Cape Verde)

Asia:
Dili (East Timor)
Tyr (Nivkh)

North America:
Akutan (Aleutians)
Awaswas (Ohlone)
Belmopan (Belize)
Boriken (Arawak)
Clatsop (Chinook)
St Johns (Newfoundland)

South America:
Paramaribo
Trinidad
Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego)

Oceania:
Bamaga (Torres Strait Islanders)
Port Moresby (PNG)

:c5gold:Mercantile

Africa:
Accra (Ghana)
Bloemfontein (Orange Free State)
Luanda (Angola)
Nouakchott (Mauritania)
Yaounde (Cameroon)

Asia:
Doha (Qatar)
Palmyra
Pondicherry
Yakutsk (Yakuts)

Europe:
Danzig
Panticapaeum (Bosporans)

North America:
Bermuda

South America:
Areoes (Akwe)
Cayenne
Stanley (Falklands)

Oceania:
Koror (Palau)
Nain (Hutt River Principality)
Noumea (New Caledonia)

:c5culture:Cultural

Africa:
Kisongo (Maasai)
Lusaka (Zambia)
Serowe (Khoisan)

Asia:
Dhaka (Bangledesh)
Namagza-Tepe
Palana (Koryaks)
Ulan Ude (Buryat)

Europe:
Andorra La Vella (Andorra)
Kazan
Nantes (Bretons)
Petroskoi (Karelia)
Reykjavik (Iceland)

North America:
Kusa (Muskogee)

South America:
Georgetown (Guyana)

:c5faith:Religious

Africa:
Bangui (Central African Republic)
Kampala (Uganda)
Kano (Hausa)
Monrovia (Liberia)

Asia:
Bandar Seri Begawan (Brunei)
Birobidzhan (Jewish Autonomous Oblast)
Garhgaon (Assam)
Jiroft
Malé (Maldives)
Sana'a (Yemen)

North America:
Paiute
San Salvador
Xochicalco

South America:
Panamarca (Moche)
Watoriki (Yanomami)

Oceania:
Vila (Vanuatu)

Also, as a related question, does anyone know if it would be possible to use the city state music from Scramble for Africa without SFA enabled?

Alright.... I'll do my best to help, but can you provide the CS trait (i.e. cultural) for each CS? I need to know what music header to edit onto the track.

Here is my 0.000000000001% My suggestions for Naples
REUSING EXISTING MUSIC
If Naples is militaristic: Belgrado (music is similar to Napolitan Mandolin) or Edinburgh (in disuse from the introduction of Celts)
If cultural: Vienna (in disuse)
USING NEW MUSIC
Funiculì Funiculà
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGU2_HXd_Pg

...So Hiram, do you have the CS traits yet? I've got a few tracks in mind to use - one specifically for Benghazi, one for Ishikari/Balhae/something else east asia, one for Mesoamerica and one for any native American CS.

But I don't know what music headers to use. :/

Also, as a related question, does anyone know if it would be possible to use the city state music from Scramble for Africa without SFA enabled?

That should be possible, just use the same sound tags that the scenario city states use and it should work for anyone with BNW

...So Hiram, do you have the CS traits yet? I've got a few tracks in mind to use - one specifically for Benghazi, one for Ishikari/Balhae/something else east asia, one for Mesoamerica and one for any native American CS.

But I don't know what music headers to use. :/

Updated the OP with traits just now :).

Alright, here we go:
4 music tracks
Includes Ishikari, Merida, Xochicalco and Benghazi music. There's actually two versions of Benghazi, the only difference being how they fade away at the end.
And I must warn you... they don't sound very professional. (Especially Xochicalco)

Anyway, I'm trying to get some music for Reykjavik, but the cultural music header actually merges with the CS' music, if that makes sense - as opposed to religious/mercantile/militaristic/maritime music headers that stop before the main music. (I'm not very good at explaining things)

If none of that makes sense, you just need to know this: I'm having lots of trouble getting the cultural CS music header and thus I'm having trouble making Reykjavik's music.

Alright, here we go:
4 music tracks
Includes Ishikari, Merida, Xochicalco and Benghazi music. There's actually two versions of Benghazi, the only difference being how they fade away at the end.
And I must warn you... they don't sound very professional. (Especially Xochicalco)

Anyway, I'm trying to get some music for Reykjavik, but the cultural music header actually merges with the CS' music, if that makes sense - as opposed to religious/mercantile/militaristic/maritime music headers that stop before the main music. (I'm not very good at explaining things)

If none of that makes sense, you just need to know this: I'm having lots of trouble getting the cultural CS music header and thus I'm having trouble making Reykjavik's music.

Excellent work! I think for Benghazi I'll use the 2nd one. Yeah, the cultural header is a pain :/.

Alright, these are my attempts at two more: Doha and Naples.
To date Naples is now my favorite custom CS music. :) (It used to be Ishikari)
CSE_MusicPack_2.zip
Well, tomorrow I'll see if I can get the Reykjavik music sounding good, and I'll see what other music I can find that I can use. Palmyra and Andorra sound fairly easy.

BTW, you might want to cross off the CSs that already have music.
And one more thing... You have Danzig as a mercantile CS, but that's just the German name for Gdansk, which is on the Polish city list. Maybe you could replace it with Trieste (Italy) or Nicosia (Cyprus).

Alright, these are my attempts at two more: Doha and Naples.
To date Naples is now my favorite custom CS music. :) (It used to be Ishikari)
CSE_MusicPack_2.zip
Well, tomorrow I'll see if I can get the Reykjavik music sounding good, and I'll see what other music I can find that I can use. Palmyra and Andorra sound fairly easy.

BTW, you might want to cross off the CSs that already have music.
And one more thing... You have Danzig as a mercantile CS, but that's just the German name for Gdansk, which is on the Polish city list. Maybe you could replace it with Trieste (Italy) or Nicosia (Cyprus).

I'll be keeping Danzig as a CS. It was independent for about 30 years during the early 20th century. I tend to only replace the ones that become capitals of new civs :p.

Love the music choices for Doha and Naples :).

I found some tracks I made for myself to use with YNAEMP City State BNW edition. I renamed the tracks to some of your city-state, since they are all different except Reykjavik, so the music is not really accurate, but pretty close.
The City state are Clatsop, Djibouti, Lusaka, Namagza-Tepe, Palmyra, Reykjavik and Window Rock.
I hope you find them useful.

Attachments

• Some Citystate music.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 29
I found some tracks I made for myself to use with YNAEMP City State BNW edition. I renamed the tracks to some of your city-state, since they are all different except Reykjavik, so the music is not really accurate, but pretty close.
The City state are Clatsop, Djibouti, Lusaka, Namagza-Tepe, Palmyra, Reykjavik and Window Rock.
I hope you find them useful.

These are excellent! Thanks!

Dang it, Reykjavik is taken!
Well, here's what I managed to put together for Sanaa and Khartoum:
CSE_MusicPack_3.zip

I have an idea for Andorra la Vella, and I would've taken an excerpt from this to make Reykjavik's theme:
Spoiler :

Anyway, Sun Ce of Wu, do you still have the cultural music header somewhere? You isolated it much better than I can, and I tried copying it into Andorra's music but I got this message from the sound editing program (Adobe Sound Forge Audio Studio):
Spoiler :

Or od you know what sample rate you used? The error was right; it really did take a toll on the quality of the sound.

Alright, sorry it took so long, but I've got the next shipment of music. (A rather large shipment too)

I was out of ideas so I sto- erm, I mean, "borrowed" - some music from... a game I bet you'll recognize the music from. ;)

A couple notes - One of them I just thought made good music but I had no idea which CS for, so it's marked as MinorCiv_Unknown. Just to be safe I made a Mercantile/Militaristic/Maritime/Religious version. (Still can't do cultural) Same with another track except it's clearly Arabian in style so it's marked MinorCiv_ArabUnknown.

CSE_MusicPack_4.zip

Top Bottom