Post your Theories and Patterns about AI here

sendos

Immortal
I wish to limit this to BNW though. This thread is about detecting potential patterns in AI, especially on higher difficulties. The patterns can involve wonders or any other phenomena you might find with the AI. Here are 4 examples:

- Any AI that gets Hanging Gardens is likely to become a runaway civ in tech later in game, or at least a main contender in the game.
- Any AI that gets the Parthenon suddenly aims for a cultural victory later in game, whether it to be the cultural civs or non-cultural civs. I've had one game as Sweden on immortal where the Danes had the most culture and had Parthenon.
- The Great Library sometimes boosts the AI in becoming a runaway civ, but I've never really noticed it.
- Japan seems to get patronage in all my games every single time.

What patterns have you found in the AI? :)

Chichen Itza is ALWAYS built by the runaway

Pocatello gets Brandenburg Gate every. single. game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Washington always beelines gunpowder, so I'm usually surprised at how fast he gets Himeji Castle.

ND will also be constructed by a runaway.

Theodora will always pick Piety and fail at founding a religion. :p

Well, almost always.

I wish to limit this to BNW though. This thread is about detecting potential patterns in AI, especially on higher difficulties. The patterns can involve wonders or any other phenomena you might find with the AI. Here are 4 examples:

- Any AI that gets Hanging Gardens is likely to become a runaway civ in tech later in game, or at least a main contender in the game.
- Any AI that gets the Parthenon suddenly aims for a cultural victory later in game, whether it to be the cultural civs or non-cultural civs. I've had one game as Sweden on immortal where the Danes had the most culture and had Parthenon.
- The Great Library sometimes boosts the AI in becoming a runaway civ, but I've never really noticed it.
- Japan seems to get patronage in all my games every single time.

What patterns have you found in the AI? :)

If you want you can build HG prior to the AI on any level below Immortal and sometimes on Immortal you can get it. I chopped river forest to help get it last night.
Also in that game Japan didn't take patronage and just about instantly started pounding Rammy.

lol, the Celts are hilarious. They love religion but they seem to suck at getting it quickly. My last game as Venice it took them 95 turns to found Catholicism. The VERY next turn they added reformation beliefs meaning they'd been going piety the ENTIRE game without any religion. Suffice it to say, they have a strong religion now but suck at everything else. It hasn't been this funny, but I've seen them do this every game.

- When Russia is in my game, they also seem to aim for piety starting policy a lot.
- Oracle and Colossus don't seem to be acquired by AI very often in the early stages of the game but only at around T80-120, unlike Parthenon, which might go as early as T70-80 on higher difficulties. As a result, I tend to beeline to iron working whenever I have a coastal city.
- Any AI that still has only one city (except Venice) after about 100 turns is likely to be a warmonger civ building an army. It's usually the biggest giveaway that an AI is about to attack you unless you bribe them.
- Denouncing a civ as they're about to attack you early in game does stall their attack by a few turns. But if that civ happens to be Huns or Zulus, I think it has little effect anyway.
- If you have no religion, religious civs will send trade routes to you, especially your smaller cities, just to help spread their religion passively, as well as send missionaries.

lol, the Celts are hilarious. They love religion but they seem to suck at getting it quickly. My last game as Venice it took them 95 turns to found Catholicism. The VERY next turn they added reformation beliefs meaning they'd been going piety the ENTIRE game without any religion. Suffice it to say, they have a strong religion now but suck at everything else. It hasn't been this funny, but I've seen them do this every game.

In every game they've appeared for my playthroughs, they've been the first to found a pantheon and the first or second to found a religion

Well, the Celts definitely will always prophet nuke your Holy City the very next turn they promise to stop converting you.

If the Oracle is built before turn 80, it means the Maya are in the game. It's the only AI who prioritizes it.

Whoever declared war on russia late game will get owned big time, providing they didnt get screwed earlier on by some other AI
Gandhi always go full violent after he got nukes
If you see religion founded or pantheon in the very very early stage while you are still trying to get pantheons, the celts or ethopians are there.
If you declare war a lot, england will always hate you forever even though you dont even talk to england

Lastly
In the ancient era, if you see a super rich civ with insane GNP on the ranking screen, dido is there

If you declare war a lot, england will always hate you forever even though you dont even talk to england

Fixed. Seriously, I have yet to actually be friends with England outside of Random Personalities. Never mind the fact that I have never been to war, ever.

Polynesia will always offer to be friends with you like 20 turns after you meet him. I find it amusing, but it's his way of discouraging you from attacking him while he considers how to best screw you over in the future, sometimes he actually seems to mean it though--maybe he's just an all around happy and naive guy. ;)

Genghis will offer you friendship, stab you in the back, offer it, stab you in the back, then attempt to offer it again. Rinse and repeat for as many times as you'd like.

Poland will wonder spam, primarily the Great Wall and Borobudur from what I've seen. They also enjoy spreading their religion like butter on toast throughout the entire continent, and when winged hussars come online, they attack anyone near them. I've seen these guys go after Shaka and then hopelessly hurl countless of their horses at my cities. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom