Mod Suggestions?

Kel-Morian

Chieftain
Hey all

Might be in the wrong forum but I was wondering if anyone had some good mod suggestions for CIV 5? I recently reinstalled the game but was looking for a way to spice things up.

Anyways feel free to suggest some mods that tweak the rules to make the gameplay better, a good map or just something different.

Thanks!

Civ 4 diplomacy options mod is the one I use all the time (don't remember exact name....)
The game really sucks without it imho.

Yes, Putmalks' Civ 4 Diplomacy is a nice mod, as well as the Enhanced User INterface, do know however that the two mods don't exactly work. they don't break the game but Civ4Diplo breaks some of the EUI.

I'd love to push this thread a bit. I have one week left until Dark Souls II arrives and I never liked Civ 5. Always was the Civ 4 guy.

So I decided, maybe there are some good mods? Are there any? Besides the two above mentioned..?

Poukai and Sukritact have a big big bunch of modded wonders. Extra Buildings is nice too. More mercantile luxuries, communitas map script (currently won't dl), antiquity sites filter, capture great people, strange religions (We fight for Nod!), mint affects copper, no AI free pottery gives you a shot at founding if you want to, krakatoa reef and gibraltar spawn fix, commerce boost, and lighthouses near the sea.

The Quick Turns mod is one I'd highly recommend. Makes the mid-to-lategame go by so much faster.

Are there any mods that change more of the gameplay instead of the graphics? I've seen this NIGHTS mod but it seems not to work with BNW. Something like an overall overhaul? Maybe some mod that let's me expand as fast as I want and does not force a "overall happiness rating" on me?

Quick Turn Mod?

Never knew...thanks will look for it when I get home and install. Works for BNW?

Quick Turn Mod?

Never knew...thanks will look for it when I get home and install. Works for BNW?

Yup, sure does. Quick Turns basically lets you toggle Quick Combat and Quick Animations - For the AI. This means they dont play out everything in the Fog of War anymore. At the same time, you can put your own stuff on Non-Quick animations, and if you get into a war with AI, toggle it back on to get a better overview of how things work.

Are there any mods that change more of the gameplay instead of the graphics? I've seen this NIGHTS mod but it seems not to work with BNW. Something like an overall overhaul? Maybe some mod that let's me expand as fast as I want and does not force a "overall happiness rating" on me?

The "Really advanced" setup options mod allows you to turn happiness off in the options menu.

You could try Machiavelli's Reform and Rule mod that overhauls the policy trees too. Happiness is more abundant and science is more spread out in the trees in it. When I first looked at it I thought things looked kind of OP in it but every tree is OP so it balances out. It's a fun change.

*Grave's Modpack "History in the Making II: Brave New World Edition" (contains a lot of good mods and tweaks)

*Barathor's "More Luxuries and Optimized Resource Distribution" (doesn't work perfectly with HitMII, but...)

*Putmalk's "Civ IV Diplomatic Features" (Greatest mod ever)

*Gedemon's "R.E.D. Modpack" (Makes the game look better)

*Any mod civ made by TPangolin, Tomatekh, or a few other modders (Very high-quality new Civilizations)

How about a mod that removes all of the diplomacy spam from the AI? I don't care if you think my army is a little on the weak side or that the vermin are breeding. It's irritating to have to say no to the same requests turn after turn. It would be nice if anytime the AI wanted to talk to you, a notification would come up on the right side with all the others..."Elizabeth of the English requests an audience with you." or something along those lines. Then you can either click it to open the conversation or just ignore it. Obviously, the only time it should force you to respond is if say they're declaring war or offering a peace treaty.

Top Bottom