[WIP] Converting Wonders to Tiles

Oh! I get it. The smoke perhaps is tiny (relative to pyramid) and it stays that way no matter what I do with Scale.

Yeah, no reason for you to worry about the absolute number there. I can adjust Scale to 0.1 or 10 or 100 or whatever is necessary.

Oh! I get it. The smoke perhaps is tiny (relative to pyramid) and it stays that way no matter what I do with Scale.

thats my guess. The other option is to change the bone name to 'plane01' which is the holysite flat part.

Also can you see what it does on hills. Not sure if it should contour or not. I'm not as familiar with how the game handles these - I just make gr2s ;)

edit: also since I'm going back into blender. Do you like the angle its at? should be positioned differently?

I think it was fine on hills. Looks weird when giant but it was fine in smaller versions (I'll check again to make sure). And the angle seemed fine to me too.

I hate to be greedy, but can we get another one or two of these? I could make a list if you want based on my own needs. Stonehenge would probably be at the top.

yes, list please. I converted a lot of the wonders to nb2 and I'm getting a process down so it'll be quicker.

Edit: how are you with nexus and blender? Do you have them working at least? The steps to converting these are real easy and I'm working to make a quick tutorial on it.

I'll try the pyramid again this weekend...

Here's the full list. It's tailored for my mod, roughly in order of priority. It was my original intention for the mod to have all of these wonders outside of cities in the landscape (back 2 yrs ago now). So I can't wait to get my hands on some of these.

Stonehenge
Mosque of Djenne
Oracle
Mausoleum of Halicarnassus
Colossus
Great Lighthouse
Great Library
Hanging Gardens
Porcelain Tower
Petra
Borobudur
Red Fort
Statue of Zeus
Temple of Artemis
Taj Mahal
Hagia Sophia
Angkor Wat
Cristo Redentor
Neuschwanstein Castle
Forbidden Palace
Himeji Castle
Notre Dame
Sistine Chapel
Alhambra
Big Ben
Globe Theater
Parthenon

Creating the gr2s are pretty fast now. I could get these done in about a day. But I won't start until you test the latest ones.

one thing I'm thinking about is getting rid of the holysite "plane" (white with green circle) part. it won't look good with some models. However I wonder how bad it will look without something for a vbase.

adding a custom base increases my conversion time as does a custom pillage graphic. I'm thinking of making a genericconstruction graphic too for civ4 models if we ever convert those.

OK, here's where we are now. I'm showing Stonehenge but results are the same for Pyramids.

Half-built (#1):

Built (#2):

Pillaged (#3):

And just for fun (#4)...

The last one there is Stonhenge with the "shining light" from the Holy Site.

The only difference between image #2 and 4 above is that 4 has these lines:
Code:
	<DecisionTree file="StaticLandmarkDecisionTree.ddtxml" source="Tool" />
	<TimedTrigger file="FX_Triggers_Holy_Site.ftsxml" source="Tool" model="Box01" state="0,1,2,3" />
	<BoneUsage>
		<Bone name="Point01" />
	</BoneUsage>
So this proves that the DecisionTree & TimedTrigger can work. Strangely, if you look at holy_site.fxsxml it actually has this:
Code:
	<TimedTrigger file="FX_Triggers_Holy_Site.ftsxml" source="Tool" model="Box01" state="0,1,2,3" />
	<BoneUsage>
		<Bone name="FX_PillagedSmoke" />
		<Bone name="Point01" />
	</BoneUsage>
But it seems that FX_PillagedSmoke doesn't do anything there. You can delete it and it makes no difference. Point01 together with FX_Triggers_Holy_Site.ftsxml seem to specifiy the shining light and FX_PillagedSmoke is ignored in the file above.

If you look at holy_site_pil.fxsxml, you see:
Code:
  <TimedTrigger file="FX_Triggers_Holy_Site_PIL.ftsxml" source="Tool" model="Box01" state="0,1,2,3"/>
  <BoneUsage>
    <Bone name="FX_PillagedSmoke" />
  </BoneUsage>
In this file, FX_PillagedSmoke works (I think) because it is combined with FX_Triggers_Holy_Site_PIL.ftsxml. This is exactly what I'm using in my pl_stonehengeTI.fxsxml file. But it isn't working.

So, in summary, Point01 does work with FX_Triggers_Holy_Site.ftsxml to give me the holy site shining light. But FX_PillagedSmoke does not work with FX_Triggers_Holy_Site_PIL.ftsxml to give me smoke. Are you sure that the FX_PillagedSmoke bone is still there?

On an aesthetic note, I don't like the holy site base. What I'd really like is no base at all, or a transparent base or the bare minimum base or whatever achieves that effect. Just for reference, here is the "permanently unfinished" model without any visible base.

But I'm very exited to see this wonder as a tile improvement! :D

Attachments

• stonehenge hb.jpg
    stonehenge hb.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 535
  • stonehenge.jpg
    stonehenge.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 477
  • stonehenge pillaged.jpg
    stonehenge pillaged.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 477
  • stonehenge light.jpg
    stonehenge light.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 489
Ok, try this.

What I did this time was overwrite the holysite pillage gr2 with my pillage gr2. Maybe there is a bone there or they shaped it differently.

also see if the light effect works on the pillage one.

If I can, I'd like to use one base model to do all the mesh swapping so I can crank these out fast. If the pilage one is better than the normal one - that's the way Id go and the effect would just be removed in the fxsxml.

Also if you don't like the base - maybe unassign the material in nexusbuddy? Other than that let me know another base dds. I'd prefer to keep these gr2s using the game textures instead of making new ones.

Works!

I haven't had time to try to make the base invisible as Horem suggested. I think that most of these will look better without. But I can edit dds file if it is as easy as that.

Attachments

• stonehenge pillaged.jpg
    stonehenge pillaged.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 426

sweet. i'll try to crank out the rest today.

I haven't had time to try to make the base invisible as Horem suggested. I think that most of these will look better without. But I can edit dds file if it is as easy as that.

If you can get into nexusbuddy its an easy fix.

Fantastic!

If you can get into nexusbuddy
Ughhh... I'll try again. My success after attempting anything in Nexusbuddy is exactly 0.

But if I understand Horem correctly, I don't need to do that. I only need to edit the dds file. Maybe you could do me a favor and use a renamed copy of the holy site base? That way I can edit these bases to be invisible and still have the proper holy site graphic.

Fantastic!

Ughhh... I'll try again. My success after attempting anything in Nexusbuddy is exactly 0.

But if I understand Horem correctly, I don't need to do that. I only need to edit the dds file. Maybe you could do me a favor and use a renamed copy of the holy site base? That way I can edit these bases to be invisible and still have the proper holy site graphic.

will do. I'll call it wonderbase and use it today.

Hmm... now to see if I can figure out how to do this with the graphics files for my Crystal Forest UI... How do you make the base DDS 100% transparent? I assume you need to do this in GIMP?

Ok, next up is the Great Lighthouse. I'll add the updated pyramids too. but I used the pillage as the base model for all modes of this tile (half-built(hb), built(B), and pillage (pl))

Does that work for everything? If I can keep it to one model swap that will make things easy for me.

I also added a generic wonder_pl.gr2 for wonders being pillaged since firaxis doesn't have pillage for wonders and I don't think I can make them all. Can you test it too?

@Pazyrk - I'd really like to test these graphics myself. Can you post your artdefines?

This is what I have for sql but I see nothing mapping it t the different pillage, half-built fxsxml or art defines handling.

Code:
----------------------------------------------------------
-- ArtDefine_Landmarks

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes (Type,	LandmarkType,	FriendlyName			) VALUES

('ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PYRAMID',				'Improvement',	'Pyramid'				),

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_Landmarks (Era, State, Scale, ImprovementType, LayoutHandler,ResourceType,		Model,							TerrainContour) VALUES
('Any',	'Any',	0.07,	'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PYRAMID',				'SNAPSHOT',	'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_ALL',	'pyramid.fxsxml',				1	),

-- Improvements
INSERT INTO Improvements (Type,	Description,		Civilopedia,	ArtDefineTag,	Water, PillageGold, Permanent,	DestroyedWhenPillaged,	PortraitIndex,	IconAtlas) VALUES
('IMPROVEMENT_PYRAMID',	'TXT_KEY_EA_PYRAMID',	'TXT_KEY_EA_PYRAMID_PEDIA',	'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PYRAMID',			0,	10,	1,	0,	0,	'BW_ATLAS_2'	);
INSERT INTO Improvement_ValidTerrains (ImprovementType, TerrainType) VALUES
('IMPROVEMENT_PYRAMID',			'TERRAIN_GRASS' ),
('IMPROVEMENT_PYRAMID',			'TERRAIN_PLAINS'),
('IMPROVEMENT_PYRAMID',			'TERRAIN_DESERT'),
('IMPROVEMENT_PYRAMID',			'TERRAIN_TUNDRA'),
('IMPROVEMENT_PYRAMID',			'TERRAIN_SNOW'	);

-- Builds
INSERT INTO Builds (Type,	PrereqTech,						DisallowTech,			PrereqPolicy,		DisallowPolicy,		Time,	ImprovementType,				Description,							Help,										Recommendation,								EntityEvent,				HotKey,	CtrlDownAlt,	CtrlDown,	AltDown,	HotKeyPriority,	OrderPriority,	IconIndex,	IconAtlas			) VALUES
('BUILD_PYRAMID',			NULL,							NULL,					NULL,				NULL,				400,	'IMPROVEMENT_PYRAMID',			'TXT_KEY_EA_BUILD_PYRAMID',				NULL,										NULL,										'ENTITY_EVENT_MINE',		'KB_P',	0,				0,			0,			0,				96,				0,			'BW_ATLAS_2'		);----------------------------------------------------------
-- Unit_Builds

INSERT INTO Unit_Builds (UnitType, BuildType) VALUES
('UNIT_WORKERS_MAN', 'BUILD_PYRAMID');

-- Civilization_FreeUnits (worker adds)

INSERT INTO Civilization_FreeUnits (CivilizationType, UnitClassType, Count, UnitAIType)
SELECT Type, 'UNITCLASS_WORKER', 2, 'UNITAI_WORKER' FROM Civilizations;

Here's the code, pasted directly out of my mod. Stonehenge and Pyramids are both in and working.
Code:
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes (Type,	LandmarkType,	FriendlyName) VALUES
('ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PYRAMID',				'Improvement',	'Pyramids'	),
('ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_STONEHENGE',			'Improvement',	'Stonehenge');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView (StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES
('ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PYRAMID',			'Improvement',	'sv_landmark.dds'	),
('ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_STONEHENGE',		'Improvement',	'sv_landmark.dds'	);

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_Landmarks (Era, State, Scale,	ImprovementType,					LayoutHandler,	ResourceType,					Model,								TerrainContour) VALUES
('Any', 'UnderConstruction',	1,  				'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PYRAMID',		'RANDOM',		'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_NONE',		'hb_pyramidsTI.fxsxml',				1	),
('Any', 'Constructed',			1,  				'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PYRAMID',		'RANDOM',		'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_NONE',		'pyramidsTI.fxsxml',				1	),
('Any', 'Pillaged',				1,  				'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_PYRAMID',		'RANDOM',		'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_NONE',		'pl_pyramidsTI.fxsxml',				1	),
('Any', 'UnderConstruction',	1,  				'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_STONEHENGE',	'RANDOM',		'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_NONE',		'hb_stonehengeTI.fxsxml',			1	),
('Any', 'Constructed',			1,  				'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_STONEHENGE',	'RANDOM',		'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_NONE',		'stonehengeTI.fxsxml',				1	),
('Any', 'Pillaged',				1,  				'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_STONEHENGE',	'RANDOM',		'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_NONE',		'pl_stonehengeTI.fxsxml',			1	);
I'll try out the Lighthouse...

Top Bottom