Forgot how to create resource icons; please help!

isnorden

Amnesiac Modder
I'm currently remodding an existing resource pack, and plan to use different icons in some places. Unfortunately, it's been too long since my last project; I can follow and edit the code well enough, but I've forgotten how to make my downloaded pictures into icons. Could someone please remind me how to make the black masking less opaque, and how to make my pasted-in pictures visible in the circles? (I'm using Photoshop 11 for Windows, with a DDS plugin.) Many tnanks, and please forgive my poor memory! :blush:

What pack are you remodding?

I'm working on a collection of Nordic buildings and wonders, some of which will need (or produce) new resources. Two users on Steam (Cryptic and Glacierheart) have written a series of resource packs which include many more new items than I need: instead of having my work depend on six other mods, I got the coders' permission to "borrow" the resources that are native to Scandinavia. I plan to drop the art and code for obvious non-Scandinavian resources (like pineapples), and use my own downloaded images for most of the 2-D/non-animated parts. Both of those changes help to make the remod unique; unfortunately, they include rebuilding an art atlas from scratch.

I've actually been trying to get in touch with them, I've been coding in Horem's art packs for the 3d models and wanted to offer up my files so they could put the models in the main mod.

hello isnorden,

how to make my pasted-in pictures visible in the circles?

you need to play with the alpha layer, erase the layer where you want the picture to appear.

Top Bottom