Website Civilizations?

dragonprobably

The Poster Formerly Known as MartinLuther
I had this idea for Website Civilizations but I'm not sure if I want to do it. I don't have BNW and I don't know what I need to make Civ V mods.

Here are some ideas I've had and each unique ability (brainstorming allowed):

*IVchan (UA - "Antisemitism": Any military unit act as an Inqusition.)
*Reddit (UA - Euphoria: Gain science instead of faith from faith producing buildings)
*CivFanatics (UA - Red Diamond: Every building gives you 5 free culture points.)
*tumblr (UA - Check Your Privileges: Gain culture from denouncing leaders.)
*KnowYourMeme (UA - I Can Haz Meme?: Whenever someone beats you to making a wonder, you get the effects of that wonder for the next 2 turns.)
*Cracked (UA - Purveyor of **** Jokes: Any phallic buildings give you 5 free culture points.)
*AboveTopSecret (UA - What They Don't Want You To Know: Immune to espionage.)
*DeviantArt (UA - What's Hot: Great people generate twice as many culture and tourism. Furs provide double quantity.)
*Google (UA - Google It: Whenever you reach a new era, you can adopt a new social policy.)

I like these, the problem is that graphics may be a tad hard to do, but I'm still interested.

I actually think it would be cooler if KnowYourMeme got a unique luxury resource that provides a slight science boost.

As a side note, what would their other uniques be?

I actually think it would be cooler if KnowYourMeme got a unique luxury resource that provides a slight science boost.

Perhaps that resource should be memes?

As a side note, what would their other uniques be?

Some I came up with:

*IVChan - UU: Hacker (replaces Scout, is invisible, can enter rival territory, and is a sapper. Very weak.)
*Reddit - UB: Subreddit (replaces University, adds growth.)
*CivFanatics - UU: IOTer (replaces Great General, is a sapper.)
*tumblr - UU: Homestuck Troll (I don't even know, I haven't read Homestuck in a while.)
*KnowYourMeme - UU: KYM Internet Scientist (replaces Great Scientist, provides memes.)
*Cracked - UB: Photoplasty (replaces Museum, provides 4 Great Works slots.)
*AboveTopSecret - UU: Conspiracy Theorist (replaces Scout, a lot like IVChan's hacker but has Scouting I instead of Sapper.)
*DeviantArt - UU: Furry (replaces Swordsman, requires no iron, Woodsman and Wolfpack.)
*Google - UU: Google Maps Car (I forget what it's called, replaces Scout, can enter rival territory, Scouting 1.)

*IVChan - UU: Hacker (replaces Scout, is invisible, can enter rival territory, and is a sapper. Very weak.)
*Reddit - UB: Subreddit (replaces University, adds growth.)
*CivFanatics - UU: IOTer (replaces Great General, is a sapper.)
*tumblr - UU: Homestuck Troll (I don't even know, I haven't read Homestuck in a while.)
*KnowYourMeme - UU: KYM Internet Scientist (replaces Great Scientist, provides memes.)
*Cracked - UB: Photoplasty (replaces Museum, provides 4 Great Works slots.)
*AboveTopSecret - UU: Conspiracy Theorist (replaces Scout, a lot like IVChan's hacker but has Scouting I instead of Sapper.)
*DeviantArt - UU: Furry (replaces Swordsman, requires no iron, Woodsman and Wolfpack.)
*Google - UU: Google Maps Car (I forget what it's called, replaces Scout, can enter rival territory, Scouting 1.)

Wow thats a lot of scouts! :p

I almost feel deviant art would have unique artists or something. Ones that could do the culture bomb thing from the previous versions of Civ V instead of the Golden Ages.

Perhaps that resource should be memes?

I was thinking of JFD's Swiss Confederacy, whose military structures produce manpower, which modifies production rates towards military units.

DeviantArt isn't overrun by furries as much as to guarantee a UU. If so, a Furry UU should go to FurAffinity, which is a variant of dA solely for furries; but it's so obscure even I don't dare to go there.

Deviantart has a lot of overt and closet nazis instead.

Top Bottom