unit outcomes

whitecow

Cows will dominate
How come when my 4/4 swordsman goes to atack a warrior defending my rivals city it loses? I mean a warrior stats are 1.0.1 when a swordsmans are 3.1.1 even when I send in a 5 stack of swords man to destroy 2 spearman it uses 3 of them up. I know there is a bunch of factors like rivers and not to mention chance, but is there any way to calculate the out come?

Thanks,

me

Swordsmen vs. warriors/spearmen are going to take some casualties. Especially, as you note, when defensive bonuses are factored in.

Here's a Combat Calculator that'll give you some idea what to expect in your combat results.

Warriors are 1.1.1, not 1.0.1 ;)

Swordsmen are 3.2.1, not 3.1.1

Did you mod your game?

Never trust the RNG.

I didn't Mod my game, The stats weren't on the top of my head. Sorry about that.;)

It really helps to be aware of the chances of each victory. I use that Combat Calculator all the time.

Also, use artillery to soften the defenses up. Even bringing 3 or 4 Catapults along with your stack of Swordsmen will make things go a lot better for you.

Though I don't use a combat calculator all the time, the one willbill posted the link to is a good one.

Here's something close to a "worst case": A Veteran Swordsman at full strength attacking across a river against a Veteran Warrior at full strength. Warrior is fortified in a town built on a hill with walls... Defending Warrior's actual defense strength is 2.5 with bonuses factored in, and will win 40.2% of the time.

Thanks for posting!:)

I have never used Catapults, Cannons, Artillary, or Radar Artillary, but since it improves your chances so much I think I will start to use them.

Always remember to check your targets defensive values; in the worst case you could be attacking a Mech Inf with a whopping defense value of 36 (fortified in a Metro on a hill and being attacked across a river=200% def. bonus)! If he's Elite aswell, even your Modern Armours will have big problems beating him by themselves.

Originally posted by whitecow
Thanks for posting!:)

I have never used Catapults, Cannons, Artillary, or Radar Artillary, but since it improves your chances so much I think I will start to use them.

With enough Artillery, you can destroy ALL the city improvements, reduce the city to size 6 or less (for a smaller defense bonus percentage), and leave all the defenders with only 1 (red) healthpoint left - before you move in with your attack units.

Having loads of artillery (i.e. Catapults) in the Ancient Era can be difficult, but bring along some - if you're lucky you'll destroy their barracks and redline some defenders :)

Top Bottom