R.E.D. modpack

Have you played into later into the game yet? Does having additional models affect game speed. It's slow enough as it is on my computer.

it should not affect the AI's thinking time, but I do not known if it affects scrolling time on the map. It does not on my computer anyway (but it's really not representative)

the mod could be load with an existing savegame, you can try to activate it on a later game and compare. I'm interested by feedback if this seems to be an issue.

I think you need to enable "Affects savegames=1" for that to work, but im not sure.
Will you alter the nuke effects and such as well? Or are they big enough as it is? (never got a nuke yet XD). Or like, scale down the nuke missile itself?

nop, you can load a previous game with the mod as it is :)

the effects like the nuke ave not been modified, I don't know yet if I will change it.

this one looks odd - atleast the infantry ties since theyre kinda small with the big groups of units. the sea units look fine but the land ones seem small

Tried it and liked it, thought it seems to be a "bit" too scaled down.
Its wierd seeing a group of riflemen passing by a Cow or Horse resource, like monolithic monsters towering over their heads XD

wha baleur said ;p

otherwise great - i think size wise the ships are great but the infantry seem tiny, i have to zoom in every time theres a battle to see whats happening :<

Saw this on the forum (been lurking here for a couple weeks now and decided to join up) went home and downloaded it last night. Looks great though I haven't gotten to see it in modern eras yet. Started a game as the Aztecs using this mod in conjunction with Dale's true start location map on huge size. Gives a great feel of realism, kudos to you both for making mods that really ADD something to the game.

I agree with Quethas (in fact, I downloaded it yesterday and used it with TSL, only with Germany) and disagree with Necro- and Baleur. I think the scale of units is fine. If anything, maybe see what it looks like with the cows and deer, etc. scaled down. But if you do, I would suggest not to do it too much, only because it could be a little tougher to notice them.

I don't plan to change the ressource's scale (neither the building's, talking of walking giant)

I may do some more tweaking between units, but a global resize is impossible and is not in the scope of this mod :D

That said, the deers and horse does not seems so much bigger for me, but anyway if I want to scale human units up, I'll finish with one figure units for tank, and I don't want that ;)

I don't plan to change the ressource's scale (neither the building's, talking of walking giant)

I may do some more tweaking between units, but a global resize is impossible and is not in the scope of this mod :D

That said, the deers and horse does not seems so much bigger for me, but anyway if I want to scale human units up, I'll finish with one figure units for tank, and I don't want that ;)

Could there be a less-realistic version then? :p
I mean in vanilla its like, a rifleman is bigger than a tank. Which is lol, so making them smaller than the tank at least is great, but trying for a 100% realism scale just reduces them to specks on the map :/

I'd love an "in-between" realism<->vanilla version :goodjob:

not sure if this is possible, but a potential solution for both sides, is it possible to add in a zoom? i mean when you get into combat it'd slightly zoom in automatically, that way the tiny size shouldnt affect other people who like to see the combat ;p

Great idea.

I wonder,though, if it should not best be posted in the graphics modpack forum. Because that's what it seems to me, so people will maybe fiond it more easily. With the added bonus that you'd be the first mod in this section.

Anyway, I will probably try this in my next game... Thanks for making it.

not sure if this is possible, but a potential solution for both sides, is it possible to add in a zoom? i mean when you get into combat it'd slightly zoom in automatically, that way the tiny size shouldnt affect other people who like to see the combat ;p
I don't know if it can be done without the C++ sdk.

BTW you can change the line "Minimum Zoom Level" to something closer like 8 or 6 on config.ini (in your ..\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ folder)

Great idea.

I wonder,though, if it should not best be posted in the graphics modpack forum. Because that's what it seems to me, so people will maybe fiond it more easily. With the added bonus that you'd be the first mod in this section.

Anyway, I will probably try this in my next game... Thanks for making it.
Well, it does not add really new graphics - not yet, I plan to add new civ specific units (no UU, just visual) or artstyle when they are avalaible - and it will include different components, thus I've choosed to make the thread here. :)

I like the formations. Warriors formation is more moblike then, say, a spearmans. However, when they attack, it sort of disintegrates. Maybe do something that makes the spearmen form a phalanx or a swordsman form a shield wall. Maybe have the archers closer together in two lines. What do you think?

That should be possible (not to have a different formation before attacking, or not until the complete sdk at least), it seems to me that it's already the case for gunpower units, and maybe I can make the older units to keep (or regroup to) their usual formation before engaging, I've seen a tag in the unitmembers.xml that may just do that :)

not to use for all units, but for the most "disciplined", yep, good idea.

Hello,

First of all thank you so much for create this wonderful mod, and sorry in advance for my poor english.

I write to report you, that you missing Babylonians Bowman in your files, so in my last game i fought versus gigantic bowman :).

Plz, if its possible, include the Babylonian Bowman in your next release :)

Again, ty for your work

I'll see what can be done, but I really hope one can make a mod to change data from DLC without having the DLC...

Top Bottom