R.E.D. modpack

Is there anything in RED that would conflict with JFD's mods? I'm getting a bunch of graphical errors when I try to run the beta alongside CID and Cultural Diversity.

How can I use this ethnic diversity with default size of units? I don't like these smaller units, to see their details I have to use max zoom, and I don't like to play on max zoom. Just Ethnic Diversity modmod doesn't work, maybe because I have BNW.

I promise I'll put SOMETHING out by Tuesday,
Promise broken. I'm sorry, free time got taken up very quickly. But I'm still committed to getting it done very soon.

I'm getting a bunch of graphical errors when I try to run the beta alongside CID and Cultural Diversity.
Can you be more specific about what kind of "graphical errors" you're seeing?

Just Ethnic Diversity modmod doesn't work, maybe because I have BNW.
J.E.D. is designed for BNW. What do you mean, it "doesn't work"? You activate R.E.D., you activate J.E.D., then start a game and get R.E.D. scale?

Does JED work only when I start a new game? I installed RED and loaded my latest save (I enjoy it, I played it for a long time and I'd like to continue it instead of starting new game) and it worked without any problems. I had new units but they were too small for me. I installed JED and after loading that save everything returned to the vanilla settings (size and no ethnic diversity).

Does JED work only when I start a new game? ... I installed JED and after loading that save everything returned to the vanilla settings (size and no ethnic diversity).
It doesn't need a new game, but R.E.D. must be activated (checked), then J.E.D.
I suspect you were loading the game from the main menu, rather than going through the mods menu.

Promise broken. I'm sorry, free time got taken up very quickly. But I'm still committed to getting it done very soon.

Can you be more specific about what kind of "graphical errors" you're seeing?

J.E.D. is designed for BNW. What do you mean, it "doesn't work"? You activate R.E.D., you activate J.E.D., then start a game and get R.E.D. scale?

I posted some screenshots over in the CID thread. They tend to be a lot of "error loading font texture" and icon graphic errors.

Hello i downloaded R.E.D's Direct Downloaded WW 2 Mod and Data Files. but when i go ingame, first it shows me a error that unable to load background_12.dds or something. then when i say OK, the option is shown to select Scenario and all. but when i click on it nothing happens. also a note on heading is show obsolate DLL, v4 required v3 found..

What is that error? please help me fix it

Looks like you posted in the wrong forum. This is the Civ: BE multiplayer forum. Before moving your thread to one of the Civ V forums, I should ask whether you are trying to play that mod in a multiplayer environment, or are having trouble loading the mod even in single-player mode.

Hi, first of all a big thanks for the stuff you guys did, this mod is best. :)
Now i wanted to know, is there a way to use this in a multiplayer game and how?

sorry for wrong section. Yes like when i start Game, and select this mod to play with. first it gives me error that some background image is missing. when i click ok, i get options of mod to load game, save game and select scenario with no background( as it is missing). but when i click on ay option, nothing happens. i can only click Exit, which closes my game.

Thanks for reply.

Could you include the units added by the Community Patch Project?
In general, that's a good idea, and I do have a framework for mod support, but there aren't many models available that would fit that I'm not already using elsewhere.

If you (or anyone else with a similar request) has time and patience to spare, perhaps you can go through the Civ4 Unit Downloads, find some good models that would work, and let us know once we find someone willing to do the conversions. Better yet, convert them to Civ5 yourself, and I'd certainly be happy to add them! :goodjob:

So whenever I try to start and load a YNAEM game (Giant Earth) with RED Modpack the games crashes while loading, do these two mods conflict with each other? If no, then what should I do to fix it?

So whenever I try to start and load a YNAEM game (Giant Earth) with RED Modpack the games crashes while loading, do these two mods conflict with each other? If no, then what should I do to fix it?

Try updating to the unofficial patch by JFD. And if it does not solve it, try smaller maps, maybe the crash is caused by memory overloading.

Does anyone know if it is possible to swap out unit skins for one from another civ?
For example, could I replace the Roman tank skin for the German one and vise-versa?

Top Bottom