Civ V Will Not Launch...

Something weird going on with my Civ5 version (at least from my point of view).

Today, during daytime, I played the game with all its DLC's (Ancient World and all the DLC civilisations) without a glitch.
Now, tonight, I am appearantly unable to connect to the Steam Community. The game starts in offline mode, but none of my DLC's is "active". I can only start a game with the basic version of Civ5. Today's game (with DLC's) can't be loaded.

I'm having the same issue right now. Haven't played since December's bug/exploit patch, so I havent fired up the game since the recent patch + rollback though I was logged in on steam at the time.

Game keeps crashing when I try to start on DX10 or 11, could only run on DX9 and it took forever to load up.

Validating steam cache files now...

Update: Validation has fixed the issue.

The Internet is amazing. It needs to go in as a wonder.

Great!! Thankss for the tip!!

Did it have something to do with that patch?

i5 4.0 Ghz Processor
gts 450 video card
16 gb ram
When I launch Civ V it does the same thing that the others are complaining about where the option to choose between directX 9 and directx10/11 and when I choose regardless of my choice it kill it about two seconds later. I have verified my cache twice now with no result. I am updating my drivers as we speak but that is probably not the problem as I built this computer new about two days ago. Will update when the driver is updated again. I also have restarted my computer twice.

Edit: The driver update did not work post restart. I have updated windows completely and I do not know what to do

Hi, I tried verifying the game cache, and it still doesn't launch. Please help me!

Top Bottom