Anybody pickup the iPhone Version?

LordGek

Prince
Hey Gang,

While it seems the PR fro this game doesn't like the nasty rumor that this is just a somewhat iPhone optimized UI port of the DS version, it is so clear that is EXACTLY what it is!

My biggest proof, do any fellow purchasers of the iPhone port think this is using the finalized v1.3 patch AI (yeah, no genius but at least decent) or the original pathetic DS AI? :lol:

While I have nothing definitive, my guess is that it is simply a direct port of the original DS version.

Yeah, although I will give them credit for some nice little iPhone UI optimizations in stuff like the City displays and contextual information on any highlighted unit (since the iPhone can display text a lot nicer). At the same time there is at least one COMPLETELY USELESS iDevice optimization (Accelometer support when selecting your Civilization).

I play Civ Rev exclusively on the iPod, so I can't speak to any AI differences. But, I've never played CivRev before this week and am having zero trouble on Emperor difficulty, so it's possible that it sucks badly. I mean, it must, because I'm TERRIBLE at Civ.

Though I don't have the game on another console, I can say the game seems pretty solid on the iPhone. I do agree the game seems to be a bit easy, or at least not fully balanced but I've chalked that up to it being v1.0

The game play itself seems great, even more complex than expected for it being an iPhone port. So my guess is that it is a full port, which is awesome. Save the balance issues...

I am curious if there is a support forum just for iPhone version, as it does have a crashing bug and I would like to hear more about the balancing issue.

Don't worry, the crash bug is only if you play the game for a couple hours without saving. Phone calls pause the game just fine.

Though I don't have the game on another console, I can say the game seems pretty solid on the iPhone. I do agree the game seems to be a bit easy, or at least not fully balanced but I've chalked that up to it being v1.0

The game play itself seems great, even more complex than expected for it being an iPhone port. So my guess is that it is a full port, which is awesome. Save the balance issues...

I am curious if there is a support forum just for iPhone version, as it does have a crashing bug and I would like to hear more about the balancing issue.

Don't worry, the crash bug is only if you play the game for a couple hours without saving. Phone calls pause the game just fine.

Yeah, the crashing thing is super-annoying. I'd like to see an auto-save feature implemented.

Top Bottom