Civilization V Funny screenshots

Disappointed about hex grid in civilization 5? Don't worry! My graphic card went into some weird mode accidentally and i was able to see new secret, that Firaxis is working on.

Back to square grid: :D
Spoiler :

Who needs hexes? :goodjob:

maybe one day you'll share your wealth with the poor and miserable inca?

私は西語で話せません。

This is a crossing of 4 roads in one tile. Well, I guess the advantage is you dont need traffic lights...?!
Heheh, the funny thing is that if you want to go straight ahead, you're screwed.
私は西語で話せません。
Hahahahahah!
Err... hum, just acting like I'm in on the joke here. Actually, I can't read this at all, not a single symbol of it. You're way above the crowd, Menzies.

私は西語で話せません。

I cannot speak Spanish

Yeah, I guessed it was something like that.
But (speaking to Menzies) how much Spanish is really needed to understand:
33588 oro :c5gold:
1148 oro por turno :c5gold:
?

I know, it was more just about it being Spanish on an English board. I thought someone might enjoy the irony. I can actually speak basic Spanish, I used to play Civ IV in preparation for my exams in high school, I had to pretend I was studying somehow.

Fun fact, Spanish is one of the few western languages that actually have a proper Japanese name. Another is English (英語, eigo). Interestingly 西語 (Seigo) to my knowledge is just the characters for West and Language. More interestingly the character 英, meaning England (it's the only meaning I know and can find for it) is also used in the words:

英気 - Great wisdom, literally English Spirit
英知 - Wisdom, literally English Knowledge
英姿 - Nobel Figure - English Figure
英資 - Fine character - English assets or resources

...in such a case. Hmmm... I do hope that the character also means Excellent! I just can't that anywhere. Actually no, my kanji dictionary has it down as England, English, Excellent...

I know, it was more just about it being Spanish on an English board. I thought someone might enjoy the irony. I can actually speak basic Spanish, I used to play Civ IV in preparation for my exams in high school, I had to pretend I was studying somehow.

Fun fact, Spanish is one of the few western languages that actually have a proper Japanese name. Another is English (英語, eigo). Interestingly 西語 (Seigo) to my knowledge is just the characters for West and Language. More interestingly the character 英, meaning England (it's the only meaning I know and can find for it) is also used in the words:

英気 - Great wisdom, literally English Spirit
英知 - Wisdom, literally English Knowledge
英姿 - Nobel Figure - English Figure
英資 - Fine character - English assets or resources

...in such a case. Hmmm... I do hope that the character also means Excellent! I just can't that anywhere. Actually no, my kanji dictionary has it down as England, English, Excellent...

You've just helped me with my Japanese at high school!

ありがとうございます

But anyway, back on topic:

Spoiler :

Well, they say Washington is based on Rome...

Disappointed about hex grid in civilization 5? Don't worry! My graphic card went into some weird mode accidentally and i was able to see new secret, that Firaxis is working on.

Back to square grid: :D
Spoiler :

Who needs hexes? :goodjob:

I did notice that all hexes were made up with squares. You can see this when your graphics card decides to redo all the hex graphics. I'm sure that's a trick to make showing roads, borders and coasts in different ways without needing to have so many different graphics for hexes.

Pretty sure this trumps everything else on here. Large Highlands map...I literally lol'ed when I discovered Satellites and found that I, along with all the other civs, was confined to 1/4th of the entire map. The remaining 3/4ths belonged to approximately 5 city states. I thought we were a bit cramped!

Link to screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024732563/screenshot/559789467923523860
Look at the mini-map. :lol:

How on earth did that happen?

Pretty sure this trumps everything else on here. Large Highlands map...I literally lol'ed when I discovered Satellites and found that I, along with all the other civs, was confined to 1/4th of the entire map. The remaining 3/4ths belonged to approximately 5 city states. I thought we were a bit cramped!

Link to screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024732563/screenshot/559789467923523860
Look at the mini-map. :lol:

bahahhaha that has to be a bug or something

... but I think God wants Arabia, currently in 2nd, to win... check out the shape of the worldmap... :mischief:

Attachments

• camelworld.JPG
    camelworld.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 3,237
Fun fact, Spanish is one of the few western languages that actually have a proper Japanese name.

(off-topic) most countries actually do have a proper name using kanjis. It's just that a good part don't have an abbreviated version with which you could make words such as 英語 or 西語.
ref

(off-topic) most countries actually do have a proper name using kanjis. It's just that a good part don't have an abbreviated version with which you could make words such as 英語 or 西語.
ref

Awesome, that's based around the Chinese method. If I got it right (which is of the order of extremely unlikely) then it seems to say that these are the names that were used as in the Chinese naming method and used until the time that katakana became widespread. Thanks!

Moderator Action: If you are posting in another language, make sure you provide a translation within the same post. Posting images from a different language version of Civ5 is fine (although if the humour lies in the words, then please translate!).

Top Bottom