Renderer Error

Here is my system information:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6deG54uw4kiUWpKalRpSlNFMXM/view?usp=sharing

Here is a snapshot of the error message in game:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6deG54uw4kiWjJwMzFVR3pMWk0&authuser=0

When it happens:
  • Beginning of a new game after the intro speech/loading screen.

Do i run mods?
  • Yes i do, but i found even running the game without mods still causes this specific crash.

Did you troubleshoot in anyway before going on this site?
  • Yes, i had the "Grey screen crash," fixed, which then lead to the "Black screen crash," fixed, which then lead to this crash.

I can go into more detail about my fixes if it is relevant. Please help me get my fix, my irresponsible friend introduced me into this life now i'm stuck in it!!!

Welcome to CivFanatics!

Sorry to hear that you're getting the renderer error. It's a common error that has plagued the game for several years. I'm merging your post into the main thread where others have reported the error, along with possible solutions. You might want to read the thread and try some of the suggestions. Also, this thread contains more information about the problem. Good luck!

I also have the Render Error. I've had it with all the versions (DX9-10-11- The new 12) and I crash after 40 turns in Win8 mode, although I have Win 10. I post my DXdiag too. Please, help me! :(:(

What happens:

1. WITH VERSION DX 10-11

It crashes me either on the loading screen after the first cinematic or in the main menu.

Do I run mods:

Doesn't matter because it crashes me with and without mods. No I don't use mods now.

Did I have some other problems apart from this one:

As I've said I have some crashes on win 8 mode. Here I post a steam discussion about it, specifically playing with france:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/8930/discussions/1/492379439681428524/

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    112.1 KB · Views: 258
FGX Renderer II :: Present failed hr=DXG1 ERROR DEVICE REMOVED Driver Failure

Umm, this error lead me to this thread. Had this game for 3 years now and NEVER had this problem before, bought new pc, and now this error pops up randomly and boots me out of the game every 10 - 15 minutes. :mad:

*edit: I clicked off "decode to GPU" box that was mentioned in previous pages as it seemed to be something that was brought up by many, and I chose "Play as Windows - 8 Touch Enabled" (even tho I don't have touchscreen monitor). After doing these two things, I played for 6 hours without an interruption, so I now consider my problem to be solved. Thanks for all the info and knowledge mentioned in previous pages. Below are my pc specs and OS for future reference:

cpu: i7-5960x @ 4.3Ghz
gpu: evga gtx 980 ti 3 way sli
ram: samsung DDR4 2133 32gb
ssd: samsung 850 pro 2tb
monitor: rog swift pg279Q
audio: bose companion 5

I have also been suffering from this error message. It persisted even after multiple attempts, such as a reinstall, verifying game files, playing on DX9, lowering all settings, and probably some more that I have forgotten. I had pretty much given up all hope of playing civ 5 again, but then I started a new game with no problems. It seemed that the particular error was only present in one game. All I had to do was not play that save any more.

Upon further playing, this error popped up in all the games I tried, not just the one save. Eventually it took out my graphics card. Just straight up died.

Last edited:
Hello everyone -

The fix for me is to go into GeForce Experience > Settings ("gear" icon) > General tab > IN-GAME OVERLAY (set to off).

This is late news, but hopefully good news nonetheless.

In case anyone has out of date GeForce Experience, the "IN-GAME OVERLAY" was previously referred to as "SHARE" and before this, it was called "SHADOWPLAY", so look for any of these names in the GeForce Experience settings and turn it off. This is also the culprit of various issues in several other games.

Before realizing this, I had tried all or most of the items on the usual list of solutions that other people have tried and suggested on various forums over the years.

I hope this helps!

Jealot

Hi

what seem to fix it for me was that my graphics card vram was getting too hot, so i used afterburner to change the temp limit from 84C to 71C and now its stopped crashing

Top Bottom