SMAX scenario: Sid and Brian (aka the "Easter Egss game")

Darsnan

Emperor
A couple months ago a player named slaughterfish had mentioned that he had been playing around with one of the hidden Firaxian factions that comes with SMACX, and it got me to thinking that no one had ever made a scenario with these hidden factions, so once I got the opportunity I thought I'd whip up a scenario with them in it, and here it is! These two hidden Firaxian Factions are also referred to as "Easter Eggs", which got me to thinking that I'd include some of the other Easter Eggs which come with SMACX. So in this game you will also find the following:
- the original default cvr image of the mindworms
- the original default cvr image of the alien artifact
- the image I believe was designed to represent a skybase
- the natural landmark called "Nessus Canyon"

I've modified the "Sid" and "Brian" factions to make them playable by removing the free "Superstring Theory" technology and replacing it with "Industrial Base". Otherwise these factions are exactly the way they came with the game.

Directions:
1) In your "scenarios" subdirectory create a folder called "S and B", and download and unzip the attached files into it.
2) Start up Alien Crossfire, then select "Scenario", "Play Scenario", and then
select the scenario "S and B". The game is set up to allow you to choose your own difficulty level, and then you can choose to play either Sid or Brian.

Hope you enjoy! :cool:

D

Attachments

• S and B.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 61
Top Bottom