What current DS games....

dojoboy

Tsalagi
...share any similarities w/ CivRev?

From what I have read, and know about the Civ series, CivRev will be unique in many ways to consoles/handhelds. But, is there anything out there that shares features?

I picked up AoE: Age of Knights for DS over the weekend and actually spent over an hour playing it last night. If that is any indication of what is to come w/ CivRev, then my life is going to become more complicated.

AoE - Age of KINGS DS is pretty good. They kept the concept of the AoE series and put it into a round based gameplay. Too bad it has no Wi-Fi mode.

Actually I don't think there is any game on the DS that you could compare with Civ. The only game that comes near the great Civ is Advance Wars - Dual Strike but I don't like the childish setting and the manga art.

Can't wait for CivRev!!!

PSP's are shocking (according to me) and I think DS games are waaaay better. I think the DS version will come out earlier than Un-Portable consoles.

All versions are being released at the same time except for the Wii, for some strange reason.

All versions are being released at the same time except for the Wii, for some strange reason.

The Wii is later because Firaxis is doing it all in-house, and they don't have enough personnel to complete the Wii along w/ the others. So, they'll finish up the Wii version once the others are finished.

As to why they didn't pick one of the other platforms rather than the Wii, to be last, I haven't a clue.

I think it is something about the people to help with the Wii programming came later.

Settlers was just released for the DS. Probably the most similar to CIV in my opinion.

I just read a review on it, which stated Settlers suffers from severe bugs. The review is from 2006. Is there a newer release?

I just read a review on it, which stated Settlers suffers from severe bugs. The review is from 2006. Is there a newer release?

All Settler games ever made have severe bugs. ;)
Settlers3 had lots of them, Settlers4 almost the same, even the ones already corrected in 3, Settlers2 new gen has really awful ones as well

All Settler games ever made have severe bugs. ;)
Settlers3 had lots of them, Settlers4 almost the same, even the ones already corrected in 3, Settlers2 new gen has really awful ones as well

Oh yeah.. I remember that now. They were so disappointing because they were fun games but barely playable!

Age of Kings and Settlers( Although it has a lot of bugs) Unlike Civ:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Advance war ds is a pure war game similar to civ.

Top Bottom