Von Münchhausen II

I forgot about the InfoAddict conversation. I used to use this mod all the time, but disabled it to rack up a few achievements (lame, I know). I just got used to playing the game with no mods and prefer it that way because the game runs a little better. I love InfoAddict and CivWillard though. I wish they would make it part of the UI, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm certainly not opposed to using these mods in a SG game.

Stop being so sooky, Optional!

I wanted Optics early only to figure out what was beyond that mountain-range. And if scouts die, you replace them! Which we sortof did, but still no Optics.

Not pointing fingers here, maybe I should've voiced my opinion a little bit stronger?

But I know from old experiences, ppl calculators always win over random hap-hazard dudes like me. I did say more than once that we need optics to find what was down there, but that would've slowed down current research. So the course of techs was perfect in aftermath.

You never know, maybe Fountain of Youth was sitting in the fog?

So, I'm not whinging, I just want be able to vent what I feel in a game and it has nothing to do with Teamleaders or whatever. I just want to make a point. But if everyone disregard my points without answers, then why do I even try to make a point? And I do understand the techpath we did, which won the game.

Still, not going for a 2-turn Optics is beyond me, but that's only to my preference of scouting the map. We wouldn't lost the game taking it.

We'll get it right next time. :)

"I believe a few posts ago you addressed me personally, but I did start the game with building two scouts (even the third one, much later, was built by me). You were one of the people who didn't venture out with our early scouting units, but looked at every corner of our own sub-continent instead."

Rubbish! I had a scout to move just before the Roman war, and that's where I sent him, to snoop.

And it wasn't really personal, you're the Teamleader, so see it as a complaint! If no complaint is taken care of, see Walmart! ;)

I have InfoAddict, but disabled it for unknown reasons...I just think I'm better than those anyways.

But CivWillard, what does that do?

*can't be stuffed researching it after 2 sixpacs*

With the improvements (supposed) in the naval part of the game in G&K going along the top path in future might have more to recommend it. Ok so a 2 turn tech won't break the bank but it can be quite hard psychologically to break away from your chosen tech path.

I'll keep a more open mind in future. I promise :shifty:

Actually thinking on the improvements in the naval game would anyone consider a water heavy map for our G&K game?

*can't be stuffed researching it after 2 sixpacs*

I'm suprised you can even type! Unless is some weak, horrid Australian beer. Not like our tasty, strong beer in the mother land :salute::beer:

This is the mod page here. Basically it lets you know when things are going to be done in a clear way. The most useful bit IMO is that it tells you at a glance what all civs have to buy and sell etc on the same page.

I'd like the next game to be pretty different anyway. We did more or less the same thing in both Von Münchhausens, and 'I left my wombat at home...' isn't any different either.

A shake-up is needed. Different VC, different Social Policies, different mapscript, a different person to play the first 10 - 15 turns, etc.
About mods... I'm all for it, but I'll repeat that just after release of a new version of the game is a very awkward time for it.

But we've gathered some feedback here already that'll help us setting up a new game. I believe it was appreciated that I sent some PM's at the start of our current SG's, so if a new thread gets started I'll just repeat that.

Vanilla start, no mods!

We don't know anything.

Pissd drunk editing, why suddenly does posts get eaten? You try to post something, then suddenly it chops your post away,IF you make a mistake.

Newvermind, I'm off to bed...to Werribee Zoo tomorrow, grandsons second Bday, it will be fun.
Some 62 ppl and kids are coming!

And here I am drunk as tjhe normal skunk, no hangover tomorrow, straight to the beers....I think.

I'm suprised you can even type! Unless is some weak, horrid Australian beer. Not like our tasty, strong beer in the mother land :salute::beer:

This is the mod page here. Basically it lets you know when things are going to be done in a clear way. The most useful bit IMO is that it tells you at a glance what all civs have to buy and sell etc on the same page.

I'm a viking, but moved down under.

I don't like snow and I like my wife.

And a viking like me can down 3 6-pacs without pain.

It's always the 4th sixpac to close the lid, that fails me.

I will never be chief, doeasn't matter, more beer for me trying. :)

Well they do say Australian beer has definite similarities to making love in a canoe.

Well they do say Australian beer has definite similarities to making love in a canoe.

Your'e not wrong there! :lol: As long as it gets you loud.

Been to America 3 times, got just as drunk as I would've been here.

My Fav was Miller's, can't believe I almost drank a slab a day som days. Golden!

But back to the future game.

I really want a science victory next time, I'm sick of culture games.

Top Bottom