Civ5 PAX East Preview from Gameshark

Maybe it was true at the time, and then they thought it through and decided for civilian stacking

While that is as possibility, I'd wager instead that the author of this article got the message mixed up. Given the concept of stacking units while transporting across water doesn't make much sense for the reason I've already stated, the mix-up seems to be a higher probability.

It would be easy to hear that civilian units can stack on military units (as well could transport units on sea military units) and think that meant that civilian and transport units can stack on their own kind.

another article which didn't give any real info, just confused our minds about religion.

While that is as possibility, I'd wager instead that the author of this article got the message mixed up. Given the concept of stacking units while transporting across water doesn't make much sense for the reason I've already stated, the mix-up seems to be a higher probability.

It would be easy to hear that civilian units can stack on military units (as well could transport units on sea military units) and think that meant that civilian and transport units can stack on their own kind.

Spot on.

Consider... The devs have said themselves they are doing away with the stack of doom.
Letting unlimited civilian transports stack on the same tile would essentially be a stack of doom on water. Therefore the rule is wrong as reported. :)

When we take semantics and grammar etc. literally, we read too much into announcements. The evidence so far suggests there will be at most 1 civilian unit per tile, 1 army unit per tile, and 1 per tile for any other unit types (e.g. air and naval).

Wonder if they'll keep the promotions? Anyone heard anything about that:)

DD

Top Bottom