R.E.D. World War II development thread

v17 final is available by the way, you can now test the hotseat function on the 1939 map.

The Hotseat is sweet.

I tested the 1936 and 1942 scenarios and they weren't working in the update, the console failed to load "Redmain.lua". But everything else looks good :)

Here is the updated 1936 files:

http://www.filedropper.com/1936update

I also was getting a frozen game as each nation varying from turn 116-130 consistantly, which I'm looking into.

The update file is empty for me...

I'm going to post a quick fix for the 36/42 maps.

I also was getting a frozen game as each nation varying from turn 116-130 consistantly, which I'm looking into.

Ok, I think I've figured it out. It is freezing because of the "Cruiser" checking adjacent plots for submarines command. I'm not sure if this is true with destroyers checking adjacent plots command also. It does it a couple times then freezes randomly.

What is the best way of turning this off? I noticed on the 1939 map (defines file) these commands are not there, did you get rid of them or put them in another file?

try to change "CRUISER_SUB_HUNTING_MAX_TURNS_ATTACK = 1" to "CRUISER_SUB_HUNTING_MAX_TURNS_ATTACK = 0" first, then disable all AI control by changing "ALLOW_AI_CONTROL = true" to "ALLOW_AI_CONTROL = false"

and post a savegame please ;)

they're not in the 1939 file because I use the default value that are in the RedRulesDefines.lua

I've got a runtime error at loading... that save was made with v.17 or v.18 ? or v.18 + your update files ?

sorry, hadn't removed v.19 from the mod folder, and it was interfering with v.18... loading okay now, testing...

we're closing in, this time it was any projects for UK that was making the game crash.

so, let say it's not linked to alliance, but to any team with UK in it, good news, you can re-add permanent alliance.

now, for the reason of the crash, the only difference with the 1939 map I've think of is that you've used a custom name for the UK team (allies), I'm going to try to edit your map (and add the dummy civ that will allow hotseat while I'm here) and post it back for testing...

Sorry, no positive results, I've tried a lot of combination, switching civs, team, removing most project, but it alway's crash for UK (or any other civs I add on the map).

UK (and all other civs) can research projects without crashing on the 1939 and 1942 maps, but if I had a new civs on those, it crash too when trying to make that civ research the project.

I don't know if it's the WB that somehow corrupt the maps because of a hidden caps on the number of projects in the mod (like for the units), but the fact is that I've failed to fix it.

So for short term, I'll remove the 1936 map in the next version, but I'm now making top priority on something I was planning to do later.

Instead of loading the WB map, I'm going to use a mapscript to generate the maps from a table containing the data of the map, like in Seraphim's RealEarth mod. I hope to fix all WB related bugs this way.

And I'll make another script in a "lite" version of the mod to extract the data from the WB map to a table written in the Lua log.

That's something major, so no ETA, sorry.

first tests with random map don't give good results, so I'll try something else: I will scan all cities of a player the start of he's/it's turn for project about to be completed, remove it from the city build list, mark it as completed in a table and refer to it for units restriction. Should work.

Ok, I'm trying my hand at the 2d icon art again. It is not as good as Four Pharo's or Firaxis' icons. But let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• AmericanInfantry.jpg
    AmericanInfantry.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 78
Nice ! :D

Maybe you can make the rifle on the left going out of the circle ?

that make me remember to ask FouR_Pharao what he may have done and not released yet, to not overlap...

Here are some logs from the game I played as Germany:
up to turn 66:http://www.mediafire.com/?9l87pk1f3dalm6x
turn 67-79:http://www.mediafire.com/?35w0wym48gfymi8

These are pretty detailed and large files, so I put them on mediafire.

Thanx. Obviously I don't have the time to test all configuration of maps and nation, v.20 is released on the scenario thread, and this kind of log for the new version are interesting for debugging.

Before posting, just open it and do a quick check for the string "error"

If it only return those 2 lines :

Code:
 Runtime Error: [string "Assets\Tutorial\lua\Tutorial_MainGame.lua"]:3: attempt to index global 'GlobalTutorialInfo' (a nil value)
 Runtime Error: [string "Assets\Tutorial\lua\TutorialEngine.lua"]:39: bad argument #1 to 'count' (table expected, got nil)

Then don't bother to post the log, but if there are others, I'd like to have a look at them :D

Thanx, the T-26 would make a great generic light tank icon (and the Panzer I for German light tanks...)

Top Bottom