The decline and fall of the Roman Empire (a GMR G&K game)

You guys rock!

That might actually be possible Onan! We've successfully converted single player games into HotSeat games, turning AI players into human players in the process, all by modifying the right bits in the save file.

Speaking of that Islandia, if you would like to make this game the actual Fall of Rome scenario from CiV we could make that happen for you ;)

Oh dear, can wonders cease with GMR?!

:woohoo:
:rotfl:

That might actually be possible Onan! We've successfully converted single player games into HotSeat games, turning AI players into human players in the process, all by modifying the right bits in the save file.

Speaking of that Islandia, if you would like to make this game the actual Fall of Rome scenario from CiV we could make that happen for you ;)

Happy to be a guinea pig for this - let me know what needs to happen. I won't start this until next week so there's time to work out details!

Do we need more players? I do remember the Fall of Rome scenario having TONS of AI.

I did a quick run of the scenario, and here are the available civs:

-Western Rome
-Eastern rome
-Sassanids
-Vandals
-Huns
-Goths
-Franks
-Celts.

So we need 8 players total. Wich is perfect since we already have that number of player. As for the choice of civilization, I suggest we pick the closest to what we had picked, wich, in my case, would be the Sassanids.
-Rome should be western rome
-Byzantium should be eastern Rome
-Carthage should be vandals(mostly due to their start locations)
-Germany should be Goth
-Celts stay Celts
-Huns stay Huns
-Greece should become Franks.

Of course, we could just do a big reshuffle if people really dont like playing as their new civ(especially those that totally change, like greece and carthage!)

Alright this will be very do-able! We'll just need to get the player order right to line up with the civs in the scenario (since with scenarios you can't really rearrange players and civs). The available civs are as LostKnight listed and here is the order the game expects them to play in:

1. Eastern Roman Empire
  2. Western Roman Empire
  3. Sassanids
  4. Huns
  5. Goths
  6. Franks
  7. Celts
  8. Vandals

You being the host Islandia can technically play as any of the civs and it will just move that civ to the top of the list. For example if you were to play as Celts then the Celts would go first and the rest would be the same in the turn order.

So arrange yourselves in this order, with Islandia going first. Also, it is important that when you join the game on the GMR website you select Random as your civilization, don't try to select a civ via the GMR website, the civs will be set on the website after the game has started.

This should be fun :)

Looking at the GMR New Cont CFC game, it would be

Islandia, Onan, EEE Boy, Nouco, Tabarnak and then Banman

Just don't know where the other 2 would fit in.

Looking at the GMR New Cont CFC game, it would be

Islandia, Onan, EEE Boy, Nouco, Tabarnak and then Banman

Just don't know where the other 2 would fit in.

Yup I'm going to ask for times after I get a chance to check out the scenario to make sure it is not super crazy and imbalanced. Planning on starting this next week so I have the weekend to look at it :)

I'm GMT-5, but of more relevance --> normally check for game turns between 8am and 6pm EST (GMT-5), sometimes will be able to snag one between 6pm and 12am GMT-5 (but not always)

I played a few start positions in the Fall of Rome scenario and it does not seem like it is all that fun for most of the barbarians. I think they are in there for flavor really only the huns, both romans and sassinids are playable.

I'd prefer to play this out as I originally posted in the thread - anyone still interested please post your time and civ preference (per my original post) and I'll get it going.

I succesfully completed the Fall of Rome scenario as the Franks, so I know it is very possible to win with any of them. So I disagree with your opinion :p

Still, Ottomans for me, im GMT-5 and play during the evening

byzantines still for me. times posted before but I'll do it again
GMT + 1. Play 4pm - 10 pm GMT.

Top Bottom