The decline and fall of the Roman Empire (a GMR G&K game)

Is this game broken right now(7 days stuck?)

Wow last post come from 19th dec 2012 :lol:

Ok here is a little update(turn 86) :

EEE_Boy(Attila) decided to take over the Byzantines(AI) and dangerously been closer from my empire. Rome peacefully expanded and managed to build the Great Wall. At the same time, EEE DoWed me...that early? Really? You will face ferocious units in the name of Legions my little boy :lol:

You are lucky that 1/3 of my units are fighting barbs at the other extremity of the empire. Not gonna be easy for you this time...

As for others, i don't really know since that i didn't met anybody else yet(this map is huge!).

Edit : Something weird have just happened when i finished my turn. The file didn't disappear from the gmr menu. Still there, like that i need to play the file again. I opened the file and the turn is for godcyric now...not me. But my icon is still there. Should we revert?

Regarding the northern islands, the Ottaman Empire have finally cleared all lesser tribes(lets calls them *the barbz*) of the home island. They are now peacefully expanding on the main land!

I dont like the Europe map as it is too large for any meaningful interaction.

when I attacked the legion with horse archors, I realise how stupid the decision was, 3 hits were not enough to finish off a single legion on fortification. Time to retreat and develop, but the Celtic (not Byzantium) cities are so far away from capital, which is very uneconomic to have road connection.

Byzantines (Me) are seafarers and far away from both celts and romans, wherever you might be. We've only met the greeks and perhaps someone else.

Special rules:

2. Pax Romanum - Rome's prestige makes her enemies fear to face her in open battle, only one civilization at at time may declare war on Rome (this does not apply to civs that the Romans declare war upon). Conversely, the Roman senate knows its weaknesses and will always accept peace offers from anyone declaring war after 10 turns have passed.

I will just wait for 10 turns or Rome can accept peace now:mischief:

I will just wait for 10 turns or Rome can accept peace now:mischief:

Ah! Didn't remember that one! And if i wanna stay at war? I have to make peace and DoW 10 turns later(of course)?

So the player can DoW me before i DoW him and if if wants peace i have to do it in a range of 10 turns...sneaky way to survive against Rome, unless i'm strong enough to do the dirty job in less than 10 turns!

Ah! Didn't remember that one! And if i wanna stay at war? I have to make peace and DoW 10 turns later(of course)?

So the player can DoW me before i DoW him and if if wants peace i have to do it in a range of 10 turns...sneaky way to survive against Rome, unless i'm strong enough to do the dirty job in less than 10 turns!

yes. you have to dow me later (and I can't make peace). then again another one player can dow you and use this rule to get away.

Game Over. Last human remaining, the game was won by Rome several turns ago. One of my best GnK games played.

With awesome results!!! Decline and Fall my ass :lol:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Oh my huns, the map is to blame, too wide and not much interactions to have early on.

Congratulations!

Congratulations! Next time ill send more ships toward you to slow you down.

Being isolated on an island(Britain) is not the best start :p

Yeah the map felt to big. Not to mention that the entire spanish peninsula was barren. Worst possible start.

Gj Tab. That quick kill you got probably sealed the deal.

Way too big i agree. Patronnage was op here too with so much cs around.

Top Bottom