The Big Gamble - new GMR G&K game

Im getting old, I need my 8 hours sleep lol. 12 hours seem more feasible imo.

I hear ya, six-ish hours of sleep doesn't cut it so well anymore.

I can adjust the timer to 12 hours. That seems like a reasonable window of opportunity, before the AI hammer falls. :)

It's really just a bit of insurance to help a big game move along at a reasonable pace (you know, like finishing in a year or so!).

Cool. We are at 10/12--Tab, you need to accept the invite.

Two more slots...who will be the lucky ones??

Okay the civ 5 dlc stuff is a mess to navigate so I just want to make sure I got everything I need for this silly game that will never finish.

Civilization V Babylon Nebuchadnezzar II [Online Game Code] by 2K Games (Oct 25, 2010)

Civilization and Scenario Pack Denmark The Vikings [Online Game Code] by 2K Games (May 3, 2011)

Civilization V: Korea and Ancient World Combo Pack [Online Game Code] by 2K Games (Aug 11, 2011)

Double Civilization and Scenario Pack Spain and Inca [Online Game Code] by 2K Games (Dec 16, 2010)

Civilization and Scenario Pack Polynesia [Online Game Code] by 2K Games (Mar 3, 2011)

Is there ANYTHING else I need - speak up or forever watch the AI take my turns!

I don't mind buying these things - it's just money but I find it irritating to have to figure out the matrix of DLC compatibility with the base game and G&K.

Um, you don't have to play if you don't want to buy everything!

You don't need any of those cradle of civ things, or the explorers map pack. All just maps I think.

I don't see Denmark/Vikings in your list though, you'll need that.

Holding a slot for Kyp, at least till we get a 12th and 13th (alternate for Kyp) player. Hopefully he'll get his G&K sorted out by Firaxis soon!

Onan, do you have all players' time zone? Only one or two players new to me.

Um, you don't have to play if you don't want to buy everything!

You don't need any of those cradle of civ things, or the explorers map pack. All just maps I think.

I don't see Denmark/Vikings in your list though, you'll need that.

Fixed and purchasing now.

Onan, do you have all players' time zone? Only one or two players new to me.

Um, I think most are in at least one game with me.

Wyrda and Jake, I'm not sure about. Also post your play time when you post your timezone, please, guys. Thanks.

I'd like to play if there's still room. :S

You're in. :)

Okay, so we have 12 players...one of whom doesn't have the game quite working for MP.

So, one more player is welcome to step up...and if we get tired of waiting for Kyp, you'll actually get to play! :D

I'm GMT-5 and take turns usually at any time during the day. If its past 3am local then it'll generally have to wait a few hours though ;)

Will become a bit more restrictive in September...but definitely not a problem to take a turn a day (or more!!). (Count that as extreme optimism that 12 people could manage a turn a day hehe)

:)

Any other interested players? Granted, at this point I'm just looking for an alternate, but sometimes alternates get to play!

Kyp, are you watching this thread? Any update on your situation with G&K? Could probably wait a few more days...but it would also be nice to get started.

:)

Any other interested players? Granted, at this point I'm just looking for an alternate, but sometimes alternates get to play!

Kyp, are you watching this thread? Any update on your situation with G&K? Could probably wait a few more days...but it would also be nice to get started.

I am willing to try this. I will use vacation mode a bit for some weekends and a week in July and August. So if you want to pick someone else I understand.

Cool, Blue...will double check the old thread to find your steam name...then send you an invite.

Once I've sorted out the turn order, I'll launch this thing.

I was going to set the map to 'Random', but I've heard 'Shuffle' is perhaps even more random. Any feedback on this?

Top Bottom