Trade Bug in Multiplayer

spirtrian

Chieftain
Hey everyone,

Relatively new to the forums, but I thought I'd start to get active as I'm now really starting to get a bit more serious about playing civ (both single player and with friends).

One thing I wanted to ask everyone about is if anyone else has encountered the same trade bug that I have encountered while playing with a couple friends in multiplayer. To be clear, I have only verified that this happens in vanilla and have yet to test it on G&K, but would still like to know if anyone has dealt with (or at the very least, heard of) it.

What happened was that I offered my friend a trade (one luxury resource exchanged for another luxury resource), and as a joke, he modified the trade to give him an extra +20gpt and sent it back to me. Except after that, HE was the one who could still decide whether to accept or refuse the deal, and he thought that I had somehow agreed, so he obviously pressed accept, meaning I had lost 20 gpt. Thankfully, I was really far ahead at this point, so it didn't really impact the game that much (we play with other AI as well), but the fact that someone else could determine what I gave in a trade without my consent is quite alarming.

Hopefully this has been fixed in the expansions; I will check later in G&K when one of my friends is available.

Top Bottom