Building Discussion/Previews

LMR

Back In Green!
This may be a bit pre-mature, but what do you people think about wonders? in the WH Mod there are tonnes of them, but i cant seem to think of many for this mod.

Some of them are:

The Golden Throne - As in the Emperor of Mankind's throne, acts as a Forbidden Palace for Imperium factions (IG, SM, WH & DH)

Eye of Terror - Like the Chaos Moon in the WH Mod, gives a culture bonus to Chaos factions (LatD, CSM, DE)

Waaagh! - Shouldn't need explaining :) Available to Ork klanz, generatez an oonit or armee every x turnz.

Tower of Silence - Read about this somewhere. Apparently, its where an important CSM got a special sword or something, but i cant remember his name and cannot be bothered finding out at the moment.

Hall of Devices - Another one i cant remember much about. could be a Gnome Workshop/Leonardo's Workshop kinda shizniz

The Inquisition - Something for the Imperium factions, decreases corruption or produces an Inquisitor or something.

Or would it be really daft, if the wonders were explained like the leaders in a game called Masters of Orion II - battle at Antares?

I'll explain:

The leaders were special characters which sometimes came to offer their services to your race. They could boost your economy, industry, farming, scientific researc, fame, diplomatic skills and the like. Then you could place them in one of your star systems to work for you. Lovely game that is BTW...

In this mod, we could make these kind of leaders be our great wonders... altough "the Thrachian Primaris has finished constructing Commodus Voke" sounds silly.

Ahhh... :)

How about this?

Given the nature of the mod - wouldn't it make sense for the 'culture' producing buildings to be command/control/communication buildings. I just have losts of stange images that I can quite make into a good joke yet, based on borders being pushed around by traditional culture type buildings (temple/library/cathedral/university/colosseum).

Same! In Pentagenesis culture was replaced by "influence" which I think is a good word for this. Here it could work both for command centers and more traditional faction buildings (sanctums etc.) if needed.

Top Bottom