Ways to Win

Hi :)

I don't wanna ruin your work, because it reads actually very nice, but I must make some corrections:

1. Elepult:

Actually, the only thing needed for Elepult is Ivory that is easily reachable. No high :commerce: is needed, as Elepult lives until the medieval era when using Catapults (Elephants + Catapults beat Longbows and everything from that era quite decently) and even longer, if combined with the stronger Trebuchets. Atm. I'm just playing a game, where I've already reached Liberalism, but the main force of my army is still a bunch of the extremely strong STR8 Elephants (mixed with a minor number of maces to defend against Pikes) .

2. The Great Library:

I find that wonder quite hard to get on the highest difficulty, and I wouldn't make strategies that rely on it. Simply grow the GP farm, construct the NE, start a GA, switch to Caste + Pacifism and work as many Scientists as you can in your largest cities, and maybe you'll get 5 or even 6 GSs from that 1 GA. When the GA ends, change back to Slavery.
Don't forget to grow your empire before starting the GA, without at least 1 really large city (size 8+) this is useless.

4. Cultural Victory:

World Wonders (mentioned here: The Mids) are nice, but also not needed and sometimes even not possible to get in a Cultural Victory game on the highest difficulty. It's more important to REX as fast as possible, to secure enough land so one has enough cities that can build the temples needed for Cathedrals. The 3 cities which are forseen to get Legendary build everything that gives culture. All that's needed then are about 3 (more are better of course) Religions, Missionaries and Temples can be whipped recklessly in the supporting cities, as those don't play any role later on.
Rest was correct.

X. X-Bow Rush:

There are several articles in the S&T Forums regarding the XBow rush. The rush either requires enormous Commerce to bestly Oracle Machinery (or at least Metalcasting and then fast-research it) , or, skip Fishing, Oracle Metalcasting, chop-whip a Forge, run an Engineer, use the GE to bulb Machinery -> done.

Regards, Seraiel

Having recently won my first game on deity I would say the most important part is learning how to get your economy strong and foreseeing how the diplomatic situation will develop.

Top Bottom