SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism II- 1923-1953

I really wanted to play this, so I reinstalled it and found the .biq files. Then, after three days of trying to make it compatible with my dying computer, I booted it up.

Then the first turn-good God are you trying to take away my life? It was AMAZING and all I did was glance at the tech tree and make preparations for an invasion of Central America!

And then I ended my turn.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

After about five minutes I saw where this was heading then picked up Ender's Game. After thrity-five pages I glanced up.

Nothing.

Suffice to say I was entirely disappointed, most notably in my circumstance of a massive, outstanding scenario that was put on hold from my end because of it's scope and my computer's inadequacy after years of use.

So I took it off to make room on my hard drive, and vowed to come back in a few months time when I receive my new iMac.

My only complaint is that the game crashes when you look at some civiliopedia entries. Otherwise, of the fifteen minutes I played, AMAZING!

Hi folks,

due to RL events and civ v I was away, but now I am back. I have made a graphic update of this version by adding some ships. I will post it after I am done with some testing. Though no crash had happened yet.

Adler

I really wanted to play this, so I reinstalled it and found the .biq files. Then, after three days of trying to make it compatible with my dying computer, I booted it up.

Then the first turn-good God are you trying to take away my life? It was AMAZING and all I did was glance at the tech tree and make preparations for an invasion of Central America!

And then I ended my turn.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

After about five minutes I saw where this was heading then picked up Ender's Game. After thrity-five pages I glanced up.

Nothing.

Suffice to say I was entirely disappointed, most notably in my circumstance of a massive, outstanding scenario that was put on hold from my end because of it's scope and my computer's inadequacy after years of use.

So I took it off to make room on my hard drive, and vowed to come back in a few months time when I receive my new iMac.

My only complaint is that the game crashes when you look at some civiliopedia entries. Otherwise, of the fifteen minutes I played, AMAZING!

Thanks for your answer.

The waiting on older computers take some time. On new ones you can have smaller waiting time. Much smaller.

Civilopedia is not ready and to be honest will likely never be. Especially some entries like resource entries are bugged as too many units depend on them. Thus the program can't cope with that. I am sorry, but this bug can't be corrected.

Adler

Hi, I think I've found an error at the German Empire colony "Marianas Islands". You can't build any colonial units there because it doesn't have the colonialism resource. Other than that, this is another great scenario. :)

Hi, I think I've found an error at the German Empire colony "Marianas Islands". You can't build any colonial units there because it doesn't have the colonialism resource. Other than that, this is another great scenario. :)

Thank you for noting. I fixed that bug and it will become available with the next update. That may happen fast or may not. I have to see. In any case it will be the last update. Another one is not very likely to come. Also I don't have much time to make an enhencement I originally planned: to go further of 255 cities in the large version. There is however another reason. I looked on the map and only to have some starving small cities in Sibiria, Guam, the Mariana islands and the Faroe and Shetland islands, which would block central European nations as well, makes it not worth IMO. If one sees it differently I might change my mind.

Adler

Other coming update news: I readjusted the values of the latest MBT generation slightly after revisiting them. I found them partly unbalanced. The Centurion is the big winner here.

Another point I did not change is the small craft. They still are single ships and no flotillas like I originally planned. They seem to worke better this way.

Adler

Hello Adler17, great that you are back! :) I have sent you a pm.

No sound in game for the "Prinz Eugene Cruiser". I believe it's art/units/G022 Hipper Class. I assigned some sound files for this unit and it is fixed for my game. Hard to find which cruiser class this unit was from.

This Scenario looks amazing, but storm over civ is having issues(?) or is gone, so is there any other way to download it? Or does anyone have the file posted anywhere else?

Okay so I actually found out that I had the AOI II file from some time ago, but the PediaIcons (the patch one) is missing a lot of stuff, I don't know if I am doing something wrong? It keeps crashing with some new PRTO missing. I have replaced three of them, but they keep coming..

P.S. all the art file are there though

Okay so I actually found out that I had the AOI II file from some time ago, but the PediaIcons (the patch one) is missing a lot of stuff, I don't know if I am doing something wrong? It keeps crashing with some new PRTO missing. I have replaced three of them, but they keep coming..

P.S. all the art file are there though

Make a re upload of what u have. PRTO missing is that the units indicated in biq scenarior have not been placed PediaIcons.txt anyway it can be corrected if not too much mistakes

Hello. For me, this is the best Civilization 3 scenario I ever play. But I have 1 specific problem which make this scenario unplayable in about half of game. I allways play on the hardest level with the most agressive AI. After about 150th turn has AI so many units which make these problems:

1. Sometimes game freeze or write an error.
2. Game delete some units in cities and do not create units I built.
3. During war AI attack me with so many units I cant fight with (for example - I played with Dutch and Belgium and in 1st. turn of war with France, it attack me with 280 units to 1 city)

Have you any idea how can I force AI to do not create so many units? Thanks...

Top Bottom