[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Im confused as to what Mana Nodes do.

Samuelson said:
Im confused as to what Mana Nodes do.

When they are improved they provide a mana resource for whatever improvement you put on them. So if you make a Mana Node into A Body Mana Node it provide Body Mana.

Mana is used for different things, the biggest use is that it is used it determines what spell spheres your casters start with for free. So if you have Death mana, Body mana and Fire mana resources caster you build will start with rank 1 in Body, Death and Fire magic.

Mana Nodes provide you with the reespective Mana Resource. For each Mana Resource you posess your Adepts start with the first level of the respectivwe Sphere.

Eg. You are Calabim (palace provides Body mana): All your Adepts start with Body 1 (Haste Spell). If you built an Water Mana Node all your newly built Adepts will start with Body Sphere 1 and Water Sphere 1 thus allowing the spring and the haste spell.

Kael said:
It means you have your "Compassion" civic set at the lowest two settings ("Fend for Themselves" or "Sacrifice the Weak").

Interesting, but shouldn't be "turned off" if the other civilization is in the same situation?

JustAnotherUser said:
Interesting, but shouldn't be "turned off" if the other civilization is in the same situation?

Yeah, thats the general consensus.

I think for the next version we will have 5 compassion civis. Introducing a new "neutral" options that wont effect anyones attitudes and will be the one you start at.

Kael said:
Yeah, thats the general consensus.

I think for the next version we will have 5 compassion civis. Introducing a new "neutral" options that wont effect anyones attitudes and will be the one you start at.
Maybe it should be based on the difference between your and their levels of "compassion" civics if both civs are at "fend for themselves" for example, should not be there penalties (nor bonus) but if the civ is one that care about it and move to a more compassionate civic it give you a negative modifier.

Hmmm. The World Builder seems to be disabled, is there any particular reason you have done this? I was wondering because I wanted to make some nifty not canon maps.

Vishaing said:
Hmmm. The World Builder seems to be disabled, is there any particular reason you have done this? I was wondering because I wanted to make some nifty not canon maps.

No idea, I use the worldbuilder all the time. Anyone else having this problem?

I just played the mod for about an hour, and it's amazing (like there was any doubt). I have only one minor problem, the barb invasions are crazy:crazyeye:, but it's still tolerable.

No idea, I use the worldbuilder all the time. Anyone else having this problem?

Nope my worldbuilder works fine, not that I used it or anything:mischief:

Yeah, the barbs can be hairy. Make sure you have a couple warriors per city or you'll be in deep trouble!

I just had a bear gain a level and get combat 1 after defending against a skeleton. Should that be able to happen now?

felwar said:
I just had a bear gain a level and get combat 1 after defending against a skeleton. Should that be able to happen now?

I don't know off the top of my head what promos animals can get, but combat1 is something I get quite often.

More unusual is when you capture an animal that has obviously been mauling other scouts and he already has xp. ;)

felwar said:

Yes, animals can level now. (That became important when we made werewovles animals).

The beginning message says 3%s_leader, your people blah blah. This was as the leader Sheelba, Clan of Embers. Dunno if this is normal.

I did not ment a news letter like that, i'm talking about a news letter to see what's going on with your city or government. Who got killed, what's going on, murders, them stuff... almost like the carrier journal.

Nimai_R said:
The beginning message says 3%s_leader, your people blah blah. This was as the leader Sheelba, Clan of Embers. Dunno if this is normal.

Yeap, that will be fixed int he next version.

Whoops. Noticed the official bug thread hehe.. Moving to there. :blush:

Are there any plans for unique units for the Elohim? They seem like a fun civ, but without any unique units they're not too attractive at this point. Also not sure if you noticed this but there is no rollover description for the Arcane and Summoner traits.

Thanks for the great mod!

Kael said:
When they are improved they provide a mana resource for whatever improvement you put on them. So if you make a Mana Node into A Body Mana Node it provide Body Mana.

Mana is used for different things, the biggest use is that it is used it determines what spell spheres your casters start with for free. So if you have Death mana, Body mana and Fire mana resources caster you build will start with rank 1 in Body, Death and Fire magic.
So wait, mana nodes start out neutral? And then somehow (using a mage, I guess?) you can improve the node to whatever magic type you want? Thats neat. If that's the case, can the improvement be pillaged later and changed?

Also, I have some questions about the Dragon Cult. What tech unlocks it? And does the holy city have to start out as one of the two dragon led civs? I understand that it can never become a state religion, but I was wondering if there is a holy shrine that a GP can make in the dragon cult holy city, and what effects it would have?

So many questions. I wish I was back home to play this. :(

Top Bottom