[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

PriestOfDiscord said:
So wait, mana nodes start out neutral? And then somehow (using a mage, I guess?) you can improve the node to whatever magic type you want? Thats neat. If that's the case, can the improvement be pillaged later and changed?

Using an Adept (or worker who will do it much slower) you build an improvement on top of the mana resource after revealing it with the tech Knowledge of the Ether. You select the magic sphere and can pillage it later or pillage your enemy's node improvements as well.

Kael - FfH continues to be the only version of Civ I play, and I'm enjoying 2.011 so far, although I haven't gotten to too much of the new stuff yet. I was a bit dissapointed that the new tech tree wasn't in place yet in Light though. What phase is the tech tree revision planned for?

Is the Stigmata of the Unborn still supposed to produce research points instead of gold per city containing Ashen Veil? It's description says other.

PriestOfDiscord said:
So wait, mana nodes start out neutral? And then somehow (using a mage, I guess?) you can improve the node to whatever magic type you want? Thats neat. If that's the case, can the improvement be pillaged later and changed?

That's exactly the case :). So if you get new mana nodes which were worked by the enemies earlier you can change them into any other.

Also, I have some questions about the Dragon Cult. What tech unlocks it? And does the holy city have to start out as one of the two dragon led civs? I understand that it can never become a state religion, but I was wondering if there is a holy shrine that a GP can make in the dragon cult holy city, and what effects it would have?

So many questions. I wish I was back home to play this. :(

Awaken the Ancients is the tech required for this 'religion' and it can only be found by Kuriotates and Sheaim. The first of these two to get it receives the holy city but there's no shrine for this religion. The holy city itself gives you a little bonus (+1 science, +3 culture) but only if you have no state religion.

Cheers

PriestOfDiscord said:
So wait, mana nodes start out neutral? And then somehow (using a mage, I guess?) you can improve the node to whatever magic type you want?

Yeap.

Thats neat. If that's the case, can the improvement be pillaged later and changed?

Yeap.

Also, I have some questions about the Dragon Cult. What tech unlocks it?

Awake the Ancients, new tech that can only be reasearched by the Kuriotates or the Sheaim.

And does the holy city have to start out as one of the two dragon led civs?

Yeap.

I understand that it can never become a state religion, but I was wondering if there is a holy shrine that a GP can make in the dragon cult holy city, and what effects it would have?[/QUOTE]

Nope, no Cult shrine yet (through thats a good idea).

edit: just saw Cham's responce, hes up on his FfH knowledge! Thanks Cham, help like that will be useful as the mod isnt very well documented yet.

wainwrig said:
Kael - FfH continues to be the only version of Civ I play, and I'm enjoying 2.011 so far, although I haven't gotten to too much of the new stuff yet. I was a bit dissapointed that the new tech tree wasn't in place yet in Light though. What phase is the tech tree revision planned for?

Its scheduled for "Light" the tech tree is one of the last things we do because you need to make sure all the other things are in place and working like you want before you lock in the tech aspects.

Panda said:
Is the Stigmata of the Unborn still supposed to produce research points instead of gold per city containing Ashen Veil? It's description says other.

Your right, I changed the desc to fix this.

PriestOfDiscord said:
If that's the case, can the improvement be pillaged later and changed?

At the moment the resource goes instanly back to a neutral mana node. We might change this and add an deactivated mana resource that will have to be activated with an improvement, maybe like a town or something (needding 10 to 20 turns to become an mana resource again). Because otherwise you could tailor each adept by pillaging and rebuilding nodes to your wishes.

In my game as Ljosalfar, I noticed several things I couldn't do/build. Is this all because of the nation/race/civ or is one possibly a bug?

I can't chop forests.

I can't build a siege shop.

My great commanders can't build a command post.

If this is supposed to be so, I'd like a better documentation in the game.

Here is attached a copy of my game two turns before it "crashed" :cry: in FfH2, sorry?? Let me know whats going on , thx.
Dont think the file is attached, i PMed you ok. and i will send if its not here thx????? Keeps saying i am over the 500 limit .

Teg_Navanis said:
In my game as Ljosalfar, I noticed several things I couldn't do/build. Is this all because of the nation/race/civ or is one possibly a bug?

I can't chop forests.

That intentional. Your elven wokers can built improvements without chopping.

I can't build a siege shop.

My great commanders can't build a command post.
The great Commander thing might be a bug. The way GCs worked was changed just bevor the release which makes this very probable. The siege workshop. I don't know, too.

If this is supposed to be so, I'd like a better documentation in the game.

Please keep in mind you are playing a beta. We did not have time to document every feature. If you want a well documented game you will most probably have to wait for the final release of FfH2-Light... ;) Until then you could read the Forum were most things are noted in the one or other way.:mischief:

Again great work, guys! The waiting time was long but it was worth it. :)

About the 'You treat your people' thing, why do several civs care about it and the rest don't?

for those of us who cant afford a new system which can show alpha channels. could you make a alpha channel patch?

If not, its a easy fix for me. go into fall of heaven 2 folder,assets,xml,art (folders). right click on civ4artdefines_civilization file use wordpad go to race with white flag, change <bwhiteflag>1</bwhiteflag> to <bwhiteflag>0</bwhiteflag> . so far only hippus,and kuriotates have shown up and they both have white flags. I put this here just in case someone else wants to try doing it their self.

Black Whole said:
Again great work, guys! The waiting time was long but it was worth it. :)

About the 'You treat your people' thing, why do several civs care about it and the rest don't?

Some actually like it if you treat your people bad, others do not care. Its dependend on the Leader if it will show up. (And of course dependend on your compassion Civic)

Chalid said:
At the moment the resource goes instanly back to a neutral mana node. We might change this and add an deactivated mana resource that will have to be activated with an improvement, maybe like a town or something (needding 10 to 20 turns to become an mana resource again). Because otherwise you could tailor each adept by pillaging and rebuilding nodes to your wishes.

One of my nodes wasn't turned back to neutral - I built a cottage over it instead of pillaging it.

dont know if it was talked about already but in the tech three screen the agricultur (spelling) and some other have things writin in diouble (like build farm is in double)

oh and wicked mod as always, i love this mod so much i wnet and rebought the civ4 games just for this mod :) (i got my last one stolen :( )

Teg_Navanis said:
One of my nodes wasn't turned back to neutral - I built a cottage over it instead of pillaging it.

Ok we did not consider overbuilding the node. The script checkes only for pillaging nodes. We'll think of something to prevent this form happening in later versions. Good find!

Myre said:
dont know if it was talked about already but in the tech three screen the agricultur (spelling) and some other have things writin in diouble (like build farm is in double)

oh and wicked mod as always, i love this mod so much i wnet and rebought the civ4 games just for this mod :) (i got my last one stolen :( )

Year this is halfly intentional. The reason is that the elven worker has a special version of building those things that allows him to built them in forests without the need to chop. Those double items will be removed when all the rest is ok. (as its only annoying but not a real problem and will need lots of clever coding).

Its great you love the mod so much!!

Couple quick things, and then I am back to the playing, er... testing...

1)I know this got brought up in the FFH1 forum, but I think with the new "barbarian" units, it has become even more pronounced. The scout is extremely weak. I usually try to build one pretty quickly, to get some nice goody hut bonuses.. but it very quickly gets killed, orcs, or lion, or tiger, bear, oh my... I just wait after that for at least the hunter.. and they can even survive Giants... most of the time.

2)The spells.. number and sphere are amazing, a bit overwhelming. Maybe for future neatness, and to help out folks who haven't played before, a page in the Civilopedia, maybe like a tech tree, but spell tree, that includes tooltips about the spells?

3)I think I may just not be seeing an expolination for this... but... After I researched summoning(playing Calabim/Ashen Veil) my adepts still don't have access to the 2nd level spells. I am guessing that besides the fisrst level of the sphere, they need addtional Mana resources? but that isn't clear in the spell sphere description.. or maybe adepts can't go high in any sphere? again, it doesn't say(unless I missed something, in which case, I am an idiot, or it isn't obvious enough).

Just some really quick observations. I will definitely let you know if I see anything else.

Cheers!

BlazeRedSXT said:
Couple quick things, and then I am back to the playing, er... testing...

1)I know this got brought up in the FFH1 forum, but I think with the new "barbarian" units, it has become even more pronounced. The scout is extremely weak. I usually try to build one pretty quickly, to get some nice goody hut bonuses.. but it very quickly gets killed, orcs, or lion, or tiger, bear, oh my... I just wait after that for at least the hunter.. and they can even survive Giants... most of the time.

Thats the intentional cost of exploration. Personally I dont like vanilla where you run for goody huts without consequences. This mod is simulating a much more dangerous starting environment and staying home is a viable strategy. Its an early game reward/risk decision.

2)The spells.. number and sphere are amazing, a bit overwhelming. Maybe for future neatness, and to help out folks who haven't played before, a page in the Civilopedia, maybe like a tech tree, but spell tree, that includes tooltips about the spells?

Your right, we need to get a concepts page in for spells.

3)I think I may just not be seeing an expolination for this... but... After I researched summoning(playing Calabim/Ashen Veil) my adepts still don't have access to the 2nd level spells. I am guessing that besides the fisrst level of the sphere, they need addtional Mana resources? but that isn't clear in the spell sphere description.. or maybe adepts can't go high in any sphere? again, it doesn't say(unless I missed something, in which case, I am an idiot, or it isn't obvious enough).

Adepts can never cast rank 2 spells. They need to be upgraded to mages or conjurers first. And they need to be level 3 or greater to be upgraded.

Top Bottom