Random Events list

Please remove the spoiler tags. I have to open them all to search for a specific event.

The entire article is a spoiler, anyway.

the spoiler tags are there more in order to make this post not spread over dozens of pages ;)

anyways I did something else - first post now has a text file attachment with all the events, I hope this is as good :)

first post now has a text file attachment with all the events, I hope this is as good :)

Outstanding! :goodjob: Now we can refer to the events/quests list without being online. Many thanks.

I don't know what you're on about I printed them ages ago... :p BTW really very nice work ori :thumbsup: :D

Hello.

I have a question about the Slave Revolt event.

It seems to have changed a bit since the 3.17 patch, not only in that it can now happen in other cities than the capital, but also in that, if you choose the 3rd option (do nothing), the revolt is more likely to go on.

Before 3.17, I would typically get 1 or 2 turns of rebellion, 3 when unlucky and 4 only once in dozens of games. Now, I never get less than 2 turns, and the typical duration is 3 to 4 turns...:mad: So much so that I'm starting to wonder wether it's still better to wait than to crack down on the rebels... :scan:

Is this just a streak of bad luck?

Well, I know I always chose "do nothing" before (losing a pop point is worse than one or two rounds of revolt), so I wouldn't be surprised if the event got tweaked.

Makes Spiritual better...

...but adds micromanagement we didn't need (now the game needs a "please ask me every x turns - consistent with anger levels - if I want to enter Slavery to use the whip" option)

Does any1 know what has changed in 3.17 from the original (post #1) list?
I'm trying to understand it all...

Booga.

there have not been many changes - in fact only some bug fixes. I never had the energy to post a new list because of that. The American only event now works properly (that is it does now produce :) instead of :) and :mad:, the partisan event now triggers properly at emancipation and the Barbarian events now require you to be able to build a counter unit. I believe those are the changes...
I'll try to update this list at some point, but right now I don't see when that will happen...

I may never see all these events, but I like to know what all the possibilities are. Thanks.

Totally agree, I may play the game for the rest of my life and never get some of the events but am proud to know I know all the events. TY Ori

I saw that in one of my games, Someone got the event, "their president has been impeached" what does that do?

OH. k thanks. big thread help here :D

Hi Ori, Ladies, Gentlemen, and mentally challenged people like me.

I'm almost finishing the making of a spreadsheet "Booga's Event Organizer" (in Open office, but I'm sure it can convert to Excel) for easier understanding and analizing the random events.
I'll attach a good first version here in a day or 2.

I always (2-3 months now) played without random events, and I have mainly 2 questions to any1 who may know (wake up Ori!) :

1. Is the "tech cost for a research" always in the form of research or is it given in gold sometimes? If so, which events are which?..

2. I'm having a few easy names to replace all the sciences mumbo-jumbo.. Please correct the following (which are prerequisite/obsoete science conditions, and obviously some ages don't really exist)

Early Age = Bronze Working / The Wheel / Mysticism / Hunting
Iron Age = Writing / Monotheism / Iron Working / Horseback Riding
Classical2 Age = Metal Casting / Iron Working / Monarchy / Alphabet / Mathematics / Code of Laws / Aesthetics / Theology
Classical Age = Writing / Monotheism / Iron Working / Priesthood
Mid Age = Theology / Machinery / Music / Feudalism / Philosophy / Civil Service
Rene Age = Nationalism / Printing Press / Education / Gunpowder / Astronomy
Ind3 Age = Scientific Method / Steam Power / Artillery
Ind2 Age = Steel / Scientific Method / Rifling
Ind Age = Steel / Scientific Method / Steam Power / Artillery
Modern Age = Radio / Refrigeration / Satellites / Plastics / Advanced Flight / Ecology
Future Age = F.T.1 ?? Genetics////?

Please help Booga give you a good cheese instead of a rotten 1 ;)

P.S. I'm basing my information only on the first few posts here, so if there is some additional change to 3.17, please say... I would take the 3.13 and 3.17 files and compare them... had I had them both ;)

1. Is the "tech cost for a research" always in the form of research or is it given in gold sometimes? If so, which events are which?..
"iTechPercent" refers to a percentage of :science: cost and is always a :science: "reward". "iTechCostPercent" refers to :gold: based on a percentage of :science: cost (1:1 conversion) and is something you can choose to pay to get a chance at better rewards. These two elements can be seen in the City Ruins 2 Event although I believe the percentages are always based on the full tech cost and not the remaining tech cost. (For example I triggered the event multiple times on a 1716 :science: tech and the event rewards were always 257 :science: and the payment option was always 85 :gold: regardless of my current progress)

Ori's explanation:
Code:
2.you get 15% of remaining tech cost for a tech AND pay gold (5% of tech cost) for a chance for 3
XML:
Code:
			<iTechPercent>15</iTechPercent>
			<iTechCostPercent>5</iTechCostPercent>
For a more in-depth look at the various XML details, see Solver's Event Modding Guide.

P.S. I'm basing my information only on the first few posts here, so if there is some additional change to 3.17, please say... I would take the 3.13 and 3.17 files and compare them... had I had them both ;)
Ask and ye shall receive. Attached are the Event XML/Python files from both versions (except the Schema which didn't change).

Attachments

• EventFiles.rar
    82.5 KB · Views: 187
Thank you!
I now have these corrections and the quests left for my brand new version...
but first, I'll go eat and sign my unemployment, then sleep waiting for a response on the Ages issue too ;)

Booga. Out.

Changes from 3.13 to 3.17 (Obtained using WinMerge + my interpretation.. correct me!) :

1. MotherLoad : iGold = 100 , iRandomGold = 100
** Meaning you get 100-200 gold instead of 20-40.

2. Impeachment : iHurryAnger = 0
** Meaning no more 6 angry in capital..?

3. Blessed Sea : bShowPlot = 0 and in a UnitsRequired section, iNumUnits = 0, python code added :
player = gc.getPlayer(kTriggeredData.ePlayer)
if player.getUnitClassCount(CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitClassInfo, gc.getNumUnitClassInfos(), 'UNITCLASS_GALLEY')) == 0:
if player.getUnitClassCount(CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitClassInfo, gc.getNumUnitClassInfos(), 'UNITCLASS_CARAVEL')) == 0:
if player.getUnitClassCount(CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitClassInfo, gc.getNumUnitClassInfos(), 'UNITCLASS_GALLEON')) == 0:
return false

** I don't know what bShowPlot (that was 1 and now 0) means.. except that it is a boolean that is supposed to flag something to be shown ;)
iNumUnits = 0 is tough.. I'd say that Galley/Caravel/Galleon are no longer needed to trigger quest, but then I got to python addition, it looks like a reverse fix from the xml... now you MUST have a ship to trigger it even if it is the other way in xml... right? .. :(

4. Miracle : ObsoleteTech = TECH_RIFLING
** Miracle now becomes obsolete with Rifling (people who are shot stop believing in miracles ;) )

5. Partisans : iPercentGamesActive = 100, iWeight = -2 (it was 35 and 0)
** I guess this is a bug fix. My assumption is that this event remains inactive, but helps solve some random events bugs in civ4 ;)

6. Friendly Locals : ObsoleteTech = TECH_NATIONALISM
** Friendly Locals now becomes obsolete with Nationalism.

7. The Huns / Vandals / Philistines / Vedic Aryans / Goths :
python code added in CanTriggerTheXXXXXXX method:
# Can we build the counter unit?
iCounterUnitClass = CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitClassInfo, gc.getNumUnitClassInfos(), 'UNITCLASS_SPEARMAN')
iCounterUnit = gc.getCivilizationInfo(player.getCivilizationType()).getCivilizationUnits(iCounterUnitClass)
if iCounterUnit == -1:
return false

(loopCity, iter) = player.firstCity(false)
bFound = false
while(loopCity):
if (loopCity.canTrain(iCounterUnit, false, false)):
bFound = true
break

(loopCity, iter) = player.nextCity(iter, false)

if not bFound:
return false

** I don't understand the counter unit thingy is, but now if he can't produce it, the event won't be triggered, and the barbarians won't come.

As promised, here is version 1.00 of Booga's Event Organizer! In xls format! True for 3.17!

The Document currently contains 2 parts :

Part 1 : Original Events : 151 active events and 18 quests in the original order, but seperating quests from events, and pushing unactive events away.

Part 2 : Events by type (and ordered by my GOOD/BAD parameter!!):
section 1 : 5 nation-specific events (unordered)
section 2 : 10 optional events (can choose "nothing")
section 3 : 35 negative events
section 4 : 19 money events
section 5 : 19 tile-improving events
section 6 : 16 promotion events
section 7 : 47 immediate positive events

Part 3 will come in the next few days, but I can't hold this golden egg in my pocket... :mischief:

Attachments

• rand_events.zip
    44 KB · Views: 233
I just added that Faux Pas event needs a neighbor, although Ori doesn't say it..
Also, it looks to me like famine can't happen without a city AND a neighbor, otherwise.. which city will you take the food from, and which attitude can you change..?

And still waiting for that ages info :mischief:

Code:
Event162
	Spy Discovered
	Prereq: INDUSTRIALISM and contact with another player AND at least 4 cities AND Capital
	Obsolete: ROBOTICS
	Active/Weight: 60/100
		Result:
1.gain 400 Espionage points AND mutual +2 Attitude modifier with other player
2.pay gold (300 base) AND gain 1 Great Spy unit
3.declare war on other player AND gain free unit support for 20 units AND +1 happy face for 30 turns AND 1 Tank unit for every 4 cities
A clarification on this event; option 3 does not have the event receiver declare war on the other player but instead forces the other player to declare war on the event receiver. That can be an important distinction because of diplomatic implications.

Top Bottom