Loading Mod without Loading Main game first

madcat

Chieftain
Hello. When you load a Mod in Civ IV, Beyond the Sword, you first need to load the main game, the load the Mod which requires a restart of the main game. I am wondering if there is any way to skip the first step, and jump straight to the "reload" stage. Theoretically, it should be possible.

Thanks

Thanks ggganz . I was trying similar things, but I didn't know the /mod= switch.

I figured out that double clicking on a saved game will open the mod. Before that I would open civ4, load the mod, and then open my saved game.

You can also edit the CivilizationIV.ini file...
Just search this line:
; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = 0
And change the 0 for the name of the mod folder. After that, every time you start Civ IV it will load the mod automatically. IMHO you should only use this if you're heavily playing a mod....

For those of you with the steam version of the game (like me), you'll have right-click on "Beyond the Sword" in the "My Games" section, go to "Properties", then click on "Launch Options". Enter the aforementioned line ("mod=\mods\MyAwsomestModEvar") there.

Creating shortcuts to executables in the steamapps folder apparently doesn't work; somehow steam intercepts them.

Top Bottom