[BtS] Dales Combat Mod!

A catapult tries to bombard an enemy 1 tile away, it has a 50% accuracy rate, so 1 in 2 times the catapult will miss and thus end up doing no damage to the unit.

Did I explain it better?

This way, bombardment / archer barrage isn't no penalty/all reward, because if the unit fails (misses) then it loses a movement point/wastes a turn.

Well, I think what might be even better is to have variable damage ranging from nothing (a miss) to some max amount of damage (a direct hit). An artillery unit could gain XP from each direct hit it scores.

There are different ways of implementing it, but one might do it such that you either hit or miss, and if you hit you hit for x to y damage. Extra XP is a nice touch, good idea!

Just wondering if anyone had any answer to my question back in Post #126.

My friends and I recently started a new multi game, and we were talking about the fact that the one thing we missed was having stacked combat matter. I decided to check out any mods available and here it is! My question is, can I load two mods at once?

We want to do the Next War Epic Mod (the one that includes an entire epic game, plus the end war era) and would like to use DCM through the entire game. Since the Next War loads as a mod as well I can't figure out how to do this, or even if there is a way. Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!

The two mods will have to be merged together. This could be easy or hard, I haven't looked at the other mod to judge.

This has been implemented as an XML tag in Civ4UnitInfos.xml.

If you want the unit type to hit every time, set it to 100. A setting of 20 means it'll hit at a chance of 20%.

It'll come through in the next version for both ranged and archery bombard. :)

Not in the way that I mean.

Your "civ-3 style bombard" ... will inflict damage on an opponent. The Acurracy I'm talking about is whether or not your bombard will "take," ie, will it "hit its mark."

A catapult tries to bombard an enemy 1 tile away, it has a 50% accuracy rate, so 1 in 2 times the catapult will miss and thus end up doing no damage to the unit.

Did I explain it better?

This way, bombardment / archer barrage isn't no penalty/all reward, because if the unit fails (misses) then it loses a movement point/wastes a turn.

Cool! Thanks :)

Won't be hard at all. There's no DLL mods in NextWar. Just need to integrate the Unit XMLs. As long as Dale is okay with it, I was planning on merging my own NextWar mod with DCM and providing it for download once he has an 'official' release done.

hi dale,

any extimates on the release time for your new version on combat mod?

:)

Right now. :)

DCM v1.2 released! See first post for details. :D

hi Dale,

Your mod is amazing, i would like to play it with my 1942 scenario(it use 77 civilizations).
Can you please make a CvGameCoreDLL.dll version of DCM who handle 77 civs, i hear that i must set the MAX_CIV_PLAYERS in the CvGameCoreDLL.dll fom 18 to 77, but i don't know how to open the file.

(note : for my scenario i used before the blacksun CvGameCoreDLL.dll(77civs)).

77 CIVS??????? :eek:

Dale
:)
Hi! Is you readed private messeges?

The two mods will have to be merged together. This could be easy or hard, I haven't looked at the other mod to judge.

Ok, thanks for the info Dale! I guess the other reason I wanted to do this was to use it with bruic's unofficial patch, which I believe is implemented as a mod as well.

Thanks again!

77 CIVS??????? :eek:

Yes, actually there is 67civs active civs in my scenario, but the current(blacksun) gamecoredll.dll can accept 77.

for now i test the scenario, the map is a 217x119, very very very charged:goodjob: there is no plot between some city. the first turn took 9 minutes (E6600@3.0ghz with 2gb ram), then all next turns took between 3 or 4 minutes. too long, however there is a lot of unit and city, and finally 3-4 min is a acceptable limit for me (of course, lower is better)

it start from dec1941 and include WWII all Fronts, (With the DCM the gameplay will be fantastic)

here some screenshots (french vesion).

Attachments

• globalview.jpg
    globalview.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 197
  • russianfr.jpg
    russianfr.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 146
  • chinesefront.jpg
    chinesefront.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 157
  • desertfront.jpg
    desertfront.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 157
Dale,

Thanks for adding Archery barrage. :goodjob: I’m currently in the middle of a test game. Here are my early results:

1. Battle solutions are still sluggish and sometimes freeze up the screen to the point where all I can do is save and restart the game. IMO this is a serious bug that should be bumped up in your priority list of things to fix. I'm not sure what might be causing the freeze up. :dunno:

2. You forgot to remove a line of error testing code that appears during the time of combat. :spank: It says "I'm here!"

3. Can you replace the bombardment sound file for Archers, Long Bowmen and Cross Bowmen with the attached file? :please: IMO the sound effect of arrows flying is a little more realistic than the current bombardment sound. :thumbsup:

Very Respectfully,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Attachments

• ArcheryBarrageSound.zip
    50.1 KB · Views: 113
Has anyone tried using this with the Next War Epic Mod? This would be awesome to use Mech's for stacked combat!

I have BTS 3.13 and DCM 1.2; installed into Beyond the Sword\mods; I can't pick the mod in "advanced" manu, it's just not listed.
In the \mods I have directories of the mods that come with the game, DalesCombatMod config file and uninstall file. How can I reach this mod?

TT

Top Bottom