Flash Civ?

does anyone know of free version of Civ online, perhaps a flash game? I know of some, but you have to download them, there is my problem. I work in a very unbusy office and I would like to pass the time by playing Civ. I would just get the free games I know of, but it requires me to download them. Now, I am pretty sure the company can detect if I download it, and it probably would get me in alot of trouble. Any links?

I have no doubt that your company can track all of your web activity, regardless if you conduct downloads or not. But to answer your question, there isn't an online version of Civilization, but I'm sure you can find something similar to it.

Like ICNP said, you're probably best off putting freeciv or civ 1, or even 2 on a usb, installing it when you get there, and uninstalling it when you leave, saving any games on the usb. No downloads for your company to track.

If downloading a game is likely to get you in trouble, then don't you think installing a game is likely to get you in MORE trouble? I'm sure they think they're paying you to work or something like that. Installing and uninstalling day after day will cause crap to accumulate on your computer, making it more likely to crash, and then the tech people will probably discover what you've been doing. When I was an admin, I was occasionally directed to search through drives and even personal network folders now and then, and found all kinds of interesting stuff, some of which got people in trouble.

So be careful, and don't cry if you get fired unexpectedly.

If downloading a game is likely to get you in trouble, then don't you think installing a game is likely to get you in MORE trouble? I'm sure they think they're paying you to work or something like that. Installing and uninstalling day after day will cause crap to accumulate on your computer, making it more likely to crash, and then the tech people will probably discover what you've been doing. When I was an admin, I was occasionally directed to search through drives and even personal network folders now and then, and found all kinds of interesting stuff, some of which got people in trouble.

So be careful, and don't cry if you get fired unexpectedly.
is it possible to have the game installed on the flash drive and just play it off of that without having to put it on the PC's hardrive?

is it possible to have the game installed on the flash drive and just play it off of that without having to put it on the PC's hardrive?

No, because it will require a registry entry which you can only add by installing. However if you install it just once onto and use your flash drive as the destination, you can continue to run it off the flash drive after that without actually putting the game on the hard drive itself.

you could just try doing the job you're paid for or everyone else could just get a little busier when you are no longer there

Or you could, I don't know, do your work? The work you're being paid for? That doesn't involve Civilization?
But if not, there is a warfare-centric game called Forge of Empires. It does require a user/pass.

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that Emperor Giulio has probably had enough time to decide whether to put the game on his work computer or not. :mischief:

I've lost jobs (and girlfriends) over Civ. It was worth it. Jobs come and go, Civ never leaves me.

What's with all the necromancing in the forum lately?

Top Bottom