Does anyone know about Alpha Centauri-Alien Crossfire?

stationery2

Chieftain
I found out some info about it on the internet and started to wonder.
Does anyone have it or know something about it?
I saw that there's 7 additional factions, two of them being alien factions. It sounded really interesting.
If someone know about it, tell me.

Yeah, it's good.
2 alien factions - one's a bit like the Gaians, in harmony with Planet, one's just out for themselves.
There's a pirate faction, which starts in the sea, very good for keeping clear and building up at the start.
New storylines for it as well.
Worth a look, I would say.

I enjoy smac-x more than smac, and commonly play it with the 7 origianal factions. It is, unfortuantely, out of stock new almost everywhere and not in production. If you do get it, it require a more powerful platform than smac. I would recoment at least 128M ram to use smac-x if you every build large empires.

That's what I thought.
I couldn't see it anywhere.
Not that I can buy it if I see it, because I don't have enough money.
BUt it sure sounds interesting.
What about technologies and stuff?
Are there additional techs and secret projects? If there are, what about the quotes accompany them?
Since 7 faction leaders said most of the quotes, I don't think there's much room for new faction leaders to say anything even if there are new techs.
By the way, do you have it?

Several new technologies, some new unit characteristics, some new secrete projects (including an early mid game one {with MMI}, the Cloudbase Academy, that is overpowering), a special alien victory, 7 factions, a (partly buggy, back up a faction text file before you start editing it) faction editor for creating new factions. Special map bonus areas (most of which already came with the 4.0 patch for smac).

Be sure to apply the smac-x 2.0 patch.
Numerous custom factions, including graphics, for smac-x are available at the networknode.org

Thanks a lot :)

But.. is there any way you can send the game over to me through internet? Make a cd image file out of it and send....
I can't find it anywhere and I wanna play it.

You can look for a used copy at site that sell used games.

OK. I guess I'll have to wait till I get my hands on this game.
Is there any screenshot then? Can you tell me anywhere that I can see some screenshots?

It fixes numerous bugs and add some features.

Top Bottom