CIV Gold 4.0 - Patch (Apr 2/2008)

Wyz_sub10

CIV Gold - Project Lead
This is a must-have for users of CIV Gold 4.0. It contains numerous fixes and makes several updates to art work.

HERE

- text correction Harappan/Priest King
- text correction Tupi/Tomoio
- text correction Ukraine/Sviatoslav
- LH fix Poland/Sobieski
- LH fix Poland/Casimir
- text correction Ainu
- text correction Austria/Franz
- updated Chile cities list
- added missing diplo texts
- dependency correction Harappan/Priest King
- dependency correction Mexico/Charreada
- dependency correction Mande/Poro
- text correction Armenia/Andranik
- text correction Anishnaabek/Ogichidaa
- dependency correction Czech/Legion
- text correction Czech/Vysilac
- text correction Charles V
- artstyle fix Buryat
- artstyle fix Harappan
- artstyle fix Oxus
- artstyle fix Sami
- artstyle fix Vedic
- updated multiple linked sounds
- fixed EDC artstyles
- LH fix Phoenicia/Hiram
- clean-up roaming chars
- color fix Toltec
- changed Denmark flag and flag button
- fixed typo WestIndies city
- changed UB name Harappan/Indus Sewer
- changed UB name Piliwni/Peyote
- LH art update Baktria/Diodotus
- LH art update Seleukia/Seleucus
- LH art update Rome/Marcus Aurelius
- LH added Dinnehih/Narbona
- LH added Maghreb/Idris
- LH added Mande/Sunni
- LH art update Nebuchadrezzar
- LH art update Austria/Franz

Thank you, Wyz!:goodjob:

EDIT: Some nice LH updates there (Marcus Aurelius, Seleucus, etc.)! Good to see Casimir/Sovieski fixed too. Didn't know there was a problem with king Hiram (already used him in 1000 BC for CIV Gold); anyway, DLing now!

am I the only one getting a download error? could be the work connection

When you select the file at Atomic Gamer, you get a pop up window. Do you have a pop up blocker on, or do you have some kind of download filter at work?

I think its the work filter. I'll get it at home.

On a different note - my Dom Pedro or any of the Cleopatra remakes didn't make the patch :confused:

I was just going to contact you re: Dom Pedro.

The Cleo I included was your original, which I actually like a bit better than the newer one. Doesn't mean it can't be changed.

As for Dom Pedro, I have so many Napoleons that I took a pass (and I just added a Nap-based Franz Joseph)....then again, I probably have more FDRs! :)

I'll download Pedro and see if maybe I can get him into 5.0.

Thank you so much for your work on this patch! This is a great mod!

& Please add Dom Pedro. :please:

I noticed an error on the Ukrainian unique unit's xml. The prereq tech says gunpowder but I believe it should be rifling if the unit replaces cavalry like the text says.

This is what I have for the Ukrainian Zaporozhian:

Code:
<PrereqTech>TECH_MILITARY_TRADITION</PrereqTech>
<TechTypes>
	<PrereqTech>TECH_GUNPOWDER</PrereqTech>
	<PrereqTech>TECH_HORSEBACK_RIDING</PrereqTech>
	<PrereqTech>NONE</PrereqTech>
</TechTypes>

Yep, you're right. It has the prereq techs of a Cuirassier, when it should replace the Cavalry unit.

I fixed my own copy but I didn't see it listed on the patch so I figured no one else had noticed it. Thought you would want to know in case of another patch.

Thanks for reporting this. If you see something else that's not right, let us know.

I've been busy updating DL pages for CIV Gold scenarios, adding link to patch 2, which made me wonder: wouldn't it be practical to simply include link to patch on the CIV Gold BTS 4.0 (Final) download page? (Just wondering...);)

I think we are going to replace BTS CIV Gold 4.0 with version 4.1, which is version 4.0 with the patch included. Even then, a link to the patch would still be relevant for people who have downloaded 4.0. So yes, good idea. We'll update some stuff (posts, descriptions) to make it more clear.

Thanks for reporting this. If you see something else that's not right, let us know.

This may have changed with the introduction of the Cuirassier to the game.

Whatever the case, the Ukrainian UU requirements should match those of the Russian Cossack.

I think we are going to replace BTS CIV Gold 4.0 with version 4.1, which is version 4.0 with the patch included. Even then, a link to the patch would still be relevant for people who have downloaded 4.0. So yes, good idea. We'll update some stuff (posts, descriptions) to make it more clear.

OK, cool.:) (I guess that means I'll have to revise the DL pages once again... me and my big mouth!) No, just kiddin'! When will the update to 4.1 take effect?

For the time-being, I've linked to the patch from the existing DL. When the replacement is made, I can add information on the patch for older DLs only.

very much appreciated! I hope the Soundbugs with some civs are gone now :) (kinda shocking how loud the music plays).

very much appreciated! I hope the Soundbugs with some civs are gone now :) (kinda shocking how loud the music plays).

The sound bugs that have been resolved are the ones concerning missing sounds. There haven't been any volume changes done yet.

Top Bottom