Jnes3, Fantasy

I do this system until all armies have died on either side, or as specified by the attacker.
For militia, I add a +3 attack to the attackers.

thanks for the combat system details. i dont get the militia thing though.
what you have there means that the militia is EASIER TO KILL then a regular armie. so:
if i attack with 2 regular armies into a territory that has 1 army and 1 militia (also no def bonuses).
if i roll a 15 and a 9, do they both die?
how about if i roll 2 9s does the militia die, or does the armie have to die first?

if that seems a bit complicated then my suggestion would be to make it so that the militia would need 3 higher to kill something instead of being easyer to kill itsself.

DAM, that upkeep is gonna slow down the initial expantion by half. 1st turn we either build a spec, or buile a regular and a town. that makes next turn give 9 or 14 gold which is one short of doing some great stuff.
everything is in multiples of 5 except the upkeep, its gonna throw everything out of whack.
could we make armies cost 4 or something, it would speed up the expantion by ALOT.

i just like it when everything is taken and we start arguing and fighting, till then its a bit predictable what you have to do.

Hmm, you give a good point, Roddy (have you thought about ever modding a game? You'd do great, i bet). I'm not quite sure what to do about it (I knew I should have stuck with Nem's system!). I guess upkeep will by 5g whenever you reach 5 armies, 10 armies would be 10g, and so on. How does this sound?

and in between (like 7 armies) would still be 5g. 8 armies, though, would round up and be 10g. How does htis sound, everyone?

Jason: Here's an idea for upkeep. Each town(including barracks or docks) gives you one unit free for upkeep, each castle gives you two units free for upkeep. Anything over that amount is 5 gold per unit for upkeep.

This will make expanding quick, and give larger empires the boost they need to defend so many borders.

Also, to do more than one map in a post, simply use the "Upload File" right at the bottom of a forum page, just above the credits. Upload your file, then use

Ok, thanks Nem.

EVERYONE READ NEM'S POST ABOVE, THAT IDEA IS WHAT IS GOING TO BE INSTATED IN THE GAME.

UPDATE WILL BE IN 11 hours (lol), around 10:00 PM PST.

i LOVE that upkeep idea!!!

i dont get the 11 hours thing at all. pst is 3 hours behind me, and your post says 8:44 (my time) thats 5:44 your time (i hope) which makes 10:00 PM 5 hours away not 11???
not that it matters. ;)

Jason: Here's an idea, on that numbers map, include the castle icons for the capitals, and put the name of the race whose capital it is.

It makes it a helluva lot easier to work out where everyone is lol.

Finally, to the Orcs from the Demons:

We accept a MPP with you.

Lucifer of the Demons

Typo, Roddy, I meant AM, lol

Nem, alright, if I remember I will do that.

Roddy, about the Militia, it does not put up a great fight,basically, it is just there for a confidence...lol. Every army in the province must be killed before combat is engaged on the Militia, inwhich THEN is when the attackers get a +3 advantage. Does this make sense?

In the dynasty of the Lotherine kings, of whome heroes had been made, came great riches and great defeats for the magical Elves. Those who lived in the forests and in the sunlight now sought their placein the Sun.

Lotherine Forest, and the Elven capital of Ehetheron, has seen many great advantages for the Elven archers. Now the Kingdom sought to reach outside her forest, beyond her humble abode to which she had been confined for so many years.

Queen Varianne Lotherine XI, a young magician and the daughter of one of the few great Lotherine Kings, now sought to reach at the ray of hope outside the forest's leaves and beauty in the bid for Empire.

No more a small Kingdom, of long lines of blood that were wrought with disaster, the Elven nation would rise above the ashes to rebuild herself and seek a new destiny. A new life.

A rebirth.

OOC- Toasty, I'd check out the UKNES3 thread, Britain seems to be bullying you in a British way(very polite lol).

Nemesis

To the Elves
From the Demi God Pan.
I wish to extend the hand of freindship to my fellows of the forest and magic. May we forge an alliance of Nature to combat that of the demonic hordes and there orc pets.

/ooc
so the only races still not taken are mages and goblins?
i think the beggining is when them not moving is gonna CRIPPLE them. maybe UNTILL (not later, when owner is away) they are claimed we should either move for them (jason) or atleast lift the gold stockpile restriction from them, so the player can come in strong (somewhat) when he/she does join.

I am naming my self King Arthur and my capitol (63)is Camelot.
/ooc
---------------------------------
To Night Elves
From Humans

Mighty Witch King,
The Orks and the Demons have formed an allience. As they are neighbors to both of us, I wish to offer you an DPP to protect us from their evil hordes.
King Arthur of Camelot
------------------------
To Mages (whoever is gonna play them)
From Humans

Dear Brothers,

We wish to extend the hand of friendship to your mistic peoples.
The Orks are neighbors to both of us, and i fear that they may rapage out of control if we do not make a united front. I offer a DPP.

King Arthur of Camelot

-----------------
To Dwarves
From Humans

People of the caves,
We, humans, would like to welcome you into the sunlight and offer you our friendship. I offer you a DPP.

Arthur of Camelot
-------------------------
To Centaurs
From Humans

Allpowerfull Pan,
I, Arthur, have never met a god and so would like to meet you some time, if that is acceptable for you. Untill that can be arranged, we humans wish to offer your nation a DPP, so that both our races may live in peace and prosperety.

Arthur of Camelot
--------------------
To the Holy Empire
From Humans

(/ooc how does one address the Holy empire??? :confused: /ooc)
Your Holyness (/ooc will have to do for now)

My scouts report that there is a tribe of Goblins to the south of your Blessed castle. while they do not yet seem organized enough to be dangerous, you can never tell with goblins. I offer the priests a DPP.

Arthur of Camelot
--------------------
To Elves
From Humans

Your Highness,

While it is possible that our borders will never touch, i wish to offer your people a DPP. If i understand your history correctly, your people have had enough of war for a LONG time and am therefor confident that you will accept my proposal.

Arthur of Camelot
-------------------------
To Demons, Orks and Goblins (whoever they may be)
From Humans

Lords of the dark hordes,

The people of my land wish for peace. I am therefor offering each of you a NAP. The sword of the rightous(sp?) is swift and mighty, but we have no wish to use it.

Arthur of Camelot

Ok, 1st UPDATE

Demon has 15g to spend!

Dwarves has 15g to spend!

Dark Elves has 10g to spend!

Elves has 20g to spend!

Humans has 15g to spend!

Mages has 15g to spend!

Priests has 15g to spend!

Centaurs has 20g to spend!

Orc has 10g to spend!

Goblins has 15g to spend!

Oh, and the colors on the maps are:

Demons Red
Dwarves D Green
Dark Elves Yellow
Elves White
Humans L Blue
Mages Light Green
Priests Pink
Centaurs D. Blue
Orcs Orange
Goblins Purple

i am confused.
what is the difference between what happened in 19 and 39???
what did the Elves (10) do?
what did the Night Elves (54) do?
nothing at all?
how come they dont have 20 gold a peice then?

who has the mages (25)?
who has the Goblins(91)?
or did you move for them?

how come still no sea territories (i know you busyand we dont need them NOW, but...)?

cool graphics BTW! not one spec unit yet?

Top Bottom