imperator1961 WIP

Using Google, I couldn't readily find a pic of a Janissary footman carrying both bow and shield.

Do note that, although first raised as (I believe bowmen) infantry, they were around from the early 14th - early 19th Centuries C.E.

Among the images I did find were archers without shields on both foot and horseback, musketeers and canoners.

Hoping That Helps,

Oz

Janissaries were a large corps of slave soldiers.

They includes archer, arquebuse, etc.

So if you want, you can make a janissarie archer, a janissarie pikeman, etc.

Use the same props and similar uniforms to make a whole line?

Janissaries were a large corps of slave soldiers.

They includes archer, arquebuse, etc.

So if you want, you can make a janissarie archer, a janissarie pikeman, etc.

Use the same props and similar uniforms to make a whole line?

Yes, Steph, it's that I want made: I have just realised a Janissary Musketeer, this is a Janissary Archer, there is a Arquebuse Janissary made by UtahJazz, I'm making a Janissary Pikeman and a Janissary with Flintlock. So I think the whole line units for Janissaries will be complete.

Yes, Steph, it's that I want made: I have just realised a Janissary Musketeer, this is a Janissary Archer, there is a Arquebuse Janissary made by UtahJazz, I'm making a Janissary Pikeman and a Janissary with Flintlock. So I think the whole line units for Janissaries will be complete.

One "word": :goodjob:

Best,

Oz

One "word": :goodjob:

Best,

Oz

The Ottoman units line doesn't have only Janissary units: I'm making other units, but I need a little help. If someone has images of ottoman infantry and cavalry units for 17th, 18th and 19th C. please send me, I need for making more units. Thanks!

Try to use a bow with a shield, you'll find yourself ;)

It works (depending on the shield, of course). So where's the point?

Comparison with reference

1684 dragoon

Hussar: may I suggest a lighter blue?

Mounted Arquebuse

What do you think of this?

Actually I'm working to French Line Cavalry 18th C. (rgt Cossé) and the Royal Cuiassiers 18th C. My complete unit line for the French will be:

Artillery 16th C, 17th C and 18 C.
Line Cavalry 17th C and 18th C.
Chevaux Legère 17th C. - Hussars 18th C-
Reiter end 16th C.
Dragoon 17th and 18th C.
Royal Cuirassier 18th C.
Musquetaire du Roy 17th C.
French Pikeman 17th C.
Wild Geese 18th C.

What do you think of this?
The red sash crossing the chest is on the wrong side, and the mirliton (head gear) should have a "slanted" color, not horizontale.

Line Cavalry 17th C and 18th C.
There's not really line cavalry in the French army. They are cuirassiers, dragoons, hussards, chevaux leger...

Chevaux Legère 17th C. - Hussars 18th C-
Hussards are not an upgrade of Chevaux legers, both are two different lines.

The red sash crossing the chest is on the wrong side, and the mirliton (head gear) should have a "slanted" color, not horizontale.

whops! I have just made the entire unit!

There's not really line cavalry in the French army. They are cuirassiers, dragoons, hussards, chevaux leger....

From Osprey's The Armies or Louis XIV:
"LINE CAVALRY
During the reign of Louis XIV what we would call the heavy cavalry was often named 'cavalerie legère' it was considered light because it did not wear heavy armour as in the previous reign. However , the vast majority of the mounted arm consisted of what we would term heavy cavalry."
I call these units Line Cavalry because I dont'have another name. I refer to the regiments:
La Feronnayes, Souastre, Cossé, Noaille, Conty, Mestre de Camp General, Aubusson, Chastelet, Comissaire Général; the same type of unit as the Regiments Royales like Royal Cavalerie, Royal Roussillon, Royal Carabiniers.

Hussards are not an upgrade of Chevaux legers, both are two different lines.

They cannot are both light cavalry?

Your line cavalry are mostly cuirassier and carabiniers.

They cannot are both light cavalry?
They both are light cavalry that existed in the same time.
You can make them upgrade to each other if you want for gameplay reason, but that's not historical.

Top Bottom