imperator1961 WIP

Your line cavalry are mostly cuirassier and carabiniers.

I had some suspects that is was so, but in all drawings and pics I found these units are without cuirass except the Royal Cuirassiers. Why?

I had some suspects that is was so, but in all drawings and pics I found these units are without cuirass except the Royal Cuirassiers. Why?

There were some periods in European armies, when cuirassier regiments were not wearing cuirasses, just saving their name due to military traditions just like later grenadiers without grenades or later musketeers without muskets.

Yes, the name Cuirrassier does not necessarily mean they are wearing a cuirrass.

It's more a matter of function: heavy cavalry unit, to charge and break the unit, opposite to light cavalry (hussar, Chevaux leger or chasseurs) to scout and harrass.

Yes, the name Cuirrassier does not necessarily mean they are wearing a cuirrass.

It's more a matter of function: heavy cavalry unit, to charge and break the unit, opposite to light cavalry (hussar, Chevaux leger or chasseurs) to scout and harrass.

Ok, so for game purposes can I name the units I made as Line Cavalry?

Ok, so for game purposes can I name the units I made as Line Cavalry?
Could we have a preview?

And you could name it whatever you want, as long as I can rename it when integrating it in my mod :)

Could we have a preview?

And you could name it whatever you want, as long as I can rename it when integrating it in my mod :)

Here what I intend: (fron left to right Dragoon 17th C, Chevaux legère 17th C, Line Cavalry 18th C, Cuirassier 18th C.)

Cool!! . . . . .

Very nice Imperator! I think they look great! :goodjob: Your prop work is excellent! :goodjob:

One question, though. Do you need to have them lurch forward and back? If you simply have all the units walk in place and the wheels spin in place won't that make for a smoother "run" animation? Just curious. I haven't seen them in game yet so I don't know.

Very nice Imperator! I think they look great! :goodjob: Your prop work is excellent! :goodjob:

One question, though. Do you need to have them lurch forward and back? If you simply have all the units walk in place and the wheels spin in place won't that make for a smoother "run" animation? Just curious. I haven't seen them in game yet so I don't know.

In my intention, the lurch forward and back is a try to add more "movement" to the scene. As I dont'have yet try the unit in game I am not sure of the result. So in case I will delete the lurching movement.

Here a French Foot Artillery 1790. Compare it with the French Napoleonic Artillery unit above I notice that there are few differences in uniform other than the hat. If someone has (Stheph!) some pics of french foot artillery uniforms of napoleonic period can post these here? Thanks.

I'm try to made some artillery units for the napoleonic period, to complete the unilines by Sandris. A preview of the Run anim for French Foot Artillery:

In game the anim is more slowly.

Awesome. I've been to a re-enactment event this weekend, and was really impressed by the Napoleonic troops and their artillery.

Two of my pics:

Oh boy.

Why do poeple say something is good.. when it's not?
The run movement is NOT good. Models nice, movement, bad.

It's not a smooth cycle. The last frame and the 1st frame should transition seemlessly/smoothly. The biggest problem is that your units are moving forward inthe frame. Don't. The ground is essentially what moves under the units. Do not show any forward movement within the frame, just have the wheels and legs move.

THAT is constructive criticism. If everyone is too polite... then there is no improvement.

Here a French Foot Artillery 1790. Compare it with the French Napoleonic Artillery unit above I notice that there are few differences in uniform other than the hat. If someone has (Stheph!) some pics of french foot artillery uniforms of napoleonic period can post these here? Thanks.

Plenty of pictures of figurines I painted myself.
Foot artillery 1812

For earlier artillery, didn't I send you some references?

Top Bottom