Is there any way to add the minor leaders as leaders?

notque

Artificially Intelligent
Just saw them in the Manual, and they are seriously awesome. Is there an easy way to add them as leaders?

Thanks.

You can go into your FfH folder, and find the Civilizations folder (Fall from Heaven 2 > Assets > XML) then find CIV4CivilizationInfos.

Spoiler :
Once you open it in Notepad, hit find and type in the civilization you want to add a minor leader for. I started with Volanna, so I searched Svartalfar ( Find is under the Edit menu) and scrolled down until I got to a section that reads:

<Leaders>
<Leader>
<LeaderName>LEADER_FAERYL</LeaderName>
<bLeaderAvailability>1</bLeaderAvailability>
</Leader>
</Leaders>

You'll want to change this to
<Leaders>
<Leader>
<LeaderName>LEADER_FAERYL</LeaderName>
</Leader>
<Leader>
<LeaderName>LEADER_VOLANNA</LeaderName>
</Leader>
</Leaders>

to add Volanna. The rest of the leaders follow the same pattern, copy and past the stuff between the <Leader> tags and change the leader name. You can reference the scenarios found under Assest > XML > Scenarios for the individual spelling. That's what I had to do.
BTW, I might of spelled volanna wrong, so if it doesn't work that should be why.

Also, the spoiler seems to left justify all the text, but it should be indented when you find it. just follow the existing pattern and you'll be fine.
That and if you do add volanna, she's deadly. those aggressive sinister hunters really do a good job of snatching border cities out of the blue.

uh oh, I think I might have messed something up... I just double checked and I got an incorrect tag popup. dang it, I had it working in the last version too =[

EDIT: ok, figured it out. I forgot to put Volanna in all caps. everything should work fine if you just put in the leaders in ALL CAPS, like they're referenced in the XML elsewhere. I also fixed the text in the spoiler tags.

something fun to try for a quick game would be to team up leaders from the same civ and go for conquest or whatever. Sorta like the Splintered Court. Crazy fun. I tried that once, and that was where I saw exactly how bad Volanna can be if you REX. I lost three cities to 7 superleved hunters :cry:
that was the last time I ever had a 1-2 warrior garrison in my border cities.

I did that for the Svartalfar leaders too, but I also gave them traits. Volanna is Aggressive/Raiders(/Sinister) and Ravenna the Wraith Lord is Organized/Arcane(/Sinister). I figured that Faeryl's traits were both very appropriate for the civ as a whole, and that Volanna was probably a military leader and Rivanna the in charge of the arcane.

I'm still a bit annoyed that Rivanna the Wraith Lord is a lady like the other Svartalfar leaders.

Woah, it's kinda easy to add all minor civ leaders as full fledged leaders & change their traits. Thanks alot guys :) Hope I won't crash my game often now that I see that changing XML is so incredibly absolutely complicated.:lol:

Btw, I now added almost all leaders save for infernals. I don't know if the game will crash cause hyborem isn't a starting civ leader. Could anyone please explain me that?

That and if you do add volanna, she's deadly. those aggressive sinister hunters really do a good job of snatching border cities out of the blue.

regarding Volanna - when you add her does she start with the Hero unit in the main game, or is that scenario specific?

If she does start, would it be possible to nerf the Hero promotion (...perhaps have it gainable at a later stage of the game?)

I would think that's scenario specific, more likely they just put a hunter with the hero promotion, & renamed it.

Adding the other Infarnal Leaders won't really do anything. You still wouldn't be able to start a game as the Infernals. Since the Infernals are spawned in python and it specifically sets Hyborem as the leader, the other ones wouldn't matter.

The hunter id definately scenario specific.

The block stopping permanent allies of the same civ as you from building national heroes is also scenario specific, so I don't think teams of the same civ would actualy be that fun to play.

Where does it specifically set Hyborem as leader incase we want to change that to a different one?

Also, if anyone wants to give a shot at leader traits who may know the history of the minor leaders, please do. I'd rather take advice on it than making a guess based on the picture. :)

Pretty sure that a guess based on the picture would be best. :lol:

Honestly what you should do is give each leader traits that synergize with the race instead of trying to go with a lore-based version, especially for characters without lore.

I added Melisandre as Expansive/Defender/Ingenuity. She seems to make good use of the people she kills...thus the Ingenuity. Makes a certain sort of sense for Balseraphs. You could probably give Furia creative and call that a day....

The hunter id definately scenario specific.

....hmmm....just wondering if it'd be possible to add a hunter (without Hero, but perhaps with Subdue animal...) back to Volanna on the same basis as Lucian starts for the Doviello?

Similarly perhaps add an Adept to Rivanna (though perhaps modded unit so there is no auto xp gain, but perhaps starts with all three Svart palace level 1 spells plus Death 1?)

Then this way these leaders could remain with just 1 trait - which I think would fit the lore in that Faeryl would have tried to ensure there are no other Svart leaders who are her match at governing. There are though leaders like Volanna and Rivanna who are more outstanding on the field than in the office (albeit they are still fairly competent).

Regarding the infernals....could it be set that if Hyborem is killed that one of the Infernal minor leaders steps in instead?

Well the leader switch will not be as easy to implement but I guess somebody here has the skills. Don't ask me.

I'm curious if there's a way to have is so if Duin (SP?) is in the game as a leader, only that civ can build him as a hero. Otherwise, everyone still can.

Don't know if this will hold interest for anyone, but I think this is awesome. I made a thread in Mods to cordinate ideas and information. If anyone wants to stop by and give some ideas, or suggestions.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=305767

I am going to start trying my hand at edits, so if I actually get good enough to mod I will be working on this project as my first attempt.

At least, that's the basic idea :)

Top Bottom